Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Helloooooo guys , I am an international student and I studied my first year at one of the greatest university in the U.S. I am also planning to start from the foundation year . HOWEVER, I am kind of worried about the UK educational system. I got some questions and I hope that you guys can help me clear things up I got accepted at The University of Manchester.

1) How many classes I am going to take in my Engineering Foundation Year? and what will they cover? Because I checked their website but they did not specify.

2) What is the minimum grade that I have to meet to pass, and what is the A grade in percentage? I am used to study 4-5 hours a day is it enough to get an A?

3) I heard about things called Resit, so does that mean if I did not pass in let say chemistry I would repeat the whole term? or just the subject?

4) The final question which is the most important one. How to know how the grades for the homework, attendance, projects, quiz and final exam? Because I heard that some of the UK universities have just 30% percent for the course work and 70% for the final exam!

I literally appreciate your assistance in advance :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked the Manchester Uni subforum? There a lot of similar threads about the foundation year in there that might help you.

Which degree programme are you going on to afterwards? The units and pass marks vary depending on which route you take.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.