Turn on thread page Beta

I was wondering if it was acceptable to draw tiny lines on the x axis in this years P2 exam in order to figure out where the turning points on the graph are, even though it said "sketch". I didnt put any numbers on the x-axis, BUT i did a couple of lines so it could help me draw the graph more accurately especially with the modulus one which was the last graph in that question.

Will i have lost marks for doing these lines when it said sketch?

Kerry

they should not take away marks for it. make sure the curve is more evident than those lines , so that they wont get comfused

ReputationRep:
    Normally, with graph sketching, they want to know the points of intersection with the two axis, the location of any asymptotes, and the behaviour of the graph when x is very large and negative, and when x is very large and positive.

The graph is then completable in a general sort of shape.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.