Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I will be moving to london in september. Trying to finalise an accomodation. Have a good offer from yarastudents accommodation.

The URL is http://www.yarastudents.com/Accommod...llandPark.aspx

Does anyone have any first hand information/experience of this accomodation or the management team. I understand that the holland park property is going to start this september.

Regards,
    Dinker

ReputationRep:
    The studios are quite large compared to the ones in the busiest areas of London... but the management team is quite inefficient (from personal experience, their service quality is low). What do you think? Did you actually rent a room there after all?

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Agree with your comments here. My experience was also similar. I was negotiating over the phone/email since I am not in London. I even sent the holding deposit of £250, but later I was told that the price quoted was incorrect and I would have to pay an additional £40pw for the studio.
    When I sought clarifications on the contract the reply was unexpected. Infact, the tone was that I should not be asking too many questions.
    I have been assured that the holding deposit will be returned. I have of course decided not to take up a studio there.

ReputationRep:
    I cancelled by application as well. Hopefully I'll get the deposit back (I cancelled within 7 days of paying the deposit) but the manager doesn't appear very trustworthy.

In any case, we did well

ReputationRep:
    Please do not think twice about living at Yara....
    Of course, if you are looking to have no privacy(because of the unprofessional and intrusive house masters) and not being able to sleep at night because of a bunch of drunk teenage so called "students " running around in the corridors laughing and making noises...PARTYING literally EVERY NIGHT until 5 A.M.

Seriously! I complained about this to the management team but they did NOTHING for a whole YEAR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.