Yara Students Accomodation

Watch
dink_er
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I will be moving to london in september. Trying to finalise an accomodation. Have a good offer from yarastudents accommodation.

The URL is http://www.yarastudents.com/Accommod...llandPark.aspx

Does anyone have any first hand information/experience of this accomodation or the management team. I understand that the holland park property is going to start this september.

Regards,
Dinker
Georgie Gen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The studios are quite large compared to the ones in the busiest areas of London... but the management team is quite inefficient (from personal experience, their service quality is low). What do you think? Did you actually rent a room there after all?
dink_er
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello. Agree with your comments here. My experience was also similar. I was negotiating over the phone/email since I am not in London. I even sent the holding deposit of £250, but later I was told that the price quoted was incorrect and I would have to pay an additional £40pw for the studio.
When I sought clarifications on the contract the reply was unexpected. Infact, the tone was that I should not be asking too many questions.
I have been assured that the holding deposit will be returned. I have of course decided not to take up a studio there.
Georgie Gen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I cancelled by application as well. Hopefully I'll get the deposit back (I cancelled within 7 days of paying the deposit) but the manager doesn't appear very trustworthy.

In any case, we did well
dandan1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please do not think twice about living at Yara....
Of course, if you are looking to have no privacy(because of the unprofessional and intrusive house masters) and not being able to sleep at night because of a bunch of drunk teenage so called "students " running around in the corridors laughing and making noises...PARTYING literally EVERY NIGHT until 5 A.M.

Seriously! I complained about this to the management team but they did NOTHING for a whole YEAR.
fensa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
any more recent updates?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads