Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to apply for aerospace engineering but have no work experience Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi im in year 12 so applying this year for uni and wanna do aerospace engineering, but this has only been a recent decision as my whole life my parents have pushed me into medicine. But the problem is have no work experience for engineering, and havent been to any taster days and now to get most of this stuff its too late and i dont know what to do? Anybody have any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    What sort of experience could you possibly get? Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think work experience is a necessity for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need work experience for degrees other than medicine (correct me if I'm wrong).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animefreak)
    Hi im in year 12 so applying this year for uni and wanna do aerospace engineering, but this has only been a recent decision as my whole life my parents have pushed me into medicine. But the problem is have no work experience for engineering, and havent been to any taster days and now to get most of this stuff its too late and i dont know what to do? Anybody have any suggestions
    You don't need any sort of work experience to get into an engineering degree, so just apply anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just to echo the others, work experience really isn't necessary fir engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I didn't have any relevant work experience, i didn't go to any taster days, open days, nothing. I didn't even do any engineering lessons in school (just Maths/Physics etc.). I still received 5 offers though, so don't worry about it, you should be just fine.

ReputationRep:
    You can barely get work experience at this age for engineering unless you are really lucky anyways , so don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Hi there,

I didn't have any relevant work experience, i didn't go to any taster days, open days, nothing. I didn't even do any engineering lessons in school (just Maths/Physics etc.). I still received 5 offers though, so don't worry about it, you should be just fine.
    so in your personal statemnet what did you write about because i have nothing related to engineering i can even talk about?
    I did do 1 week work experience at a hospital but cant really link that into engineering

ReputationRep:
    so in your personal statemnet what did you write about because i have nothing related to engineering i can even talk about?
    I did do 1 week work experience at a hospital but cant really link that into engineering
    I talked about what i've read, what i've seen in the news, in articles etc. the things that got me interested in the aerospace aspect of it. Fortunately i had done an investigation on Aerospace in Wales and France for my Welsh Baccalaureate, so i commented on that. I mentioned about Physics and the certain parts of the course which i enjoy most.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.