Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I feel guilty? Have I cheated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

So I met a very nice girl at a party last Sunday. We've been speaking daily and we've agreed to hang out next Friday, however, we've only met once and no verbal commitment has been made and we haven't even been speaking for a full week. On Friday night, I had an unprotected one night stand with a different girl (stupid idea as I now think I've caught something). I think the girl I am planning to date has become a little attached and I feel a bit guilty. But should I? After knowing this girl for less than a week, not even going on a date yet and only meeting her once, should I feel any guilt whatsoever? Have I been out of order at all or is there no commitment there yet?

ReputationRep:
    You definitely aren't committed to anything at this stage - you haven't even been on your first date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    You definitely aren't committed to anything at this stage - you haven't even been on your first date.
    Let's just hope everything comes back clear from the GUM clinic or that might make the situation a little more complicated

ReputationRep:
    You are a very, very wet guy. As someone as wet as you are, I demand you take any form of trollface down as your profile picture. Getting us a bad name. tsk

ReputationRep:
    No need to feel guilty, you hardly know girl 1!

ReputationRep:
    wow op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    No need to feel guilty, you hardly know girl 1!
    I'm hoping she doesn't find out how it happened though. It's quite an embarrassing story I was pretty much passed out on the floor when this girl came onto me. And I know the girl I'm going on this date with would frown on that a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    wow op
    Not very proud dude

ReputationRep:
    If I could have anybody else's opinions, that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    I get why you feel guilty, but it's totally irrational since you met this girl once and you haven't even been on a date yet. You owe her no commitment.

Just maybe don't mention it, or that you possibly have an STD.

ReputationRep:
    Haha no way. But you obviously have some kind of feelings for the girl you barely know if you are worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I get why you feel guilty, but it's totally irrational since you met this girl once and you haven't even been on a date yet. You owe her no commitment.

Just maybe don't mention it, or that you possibly have an STD.
    We had a conversation last night, and she knows it happened, but she doesn't know when. She laughed about it. When I went to the clinic today, I tested negative for gonorrhea and there is no visual indication that I have herpes. Let's just hope the bloods and urine tests come back all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shefflibs)
    Haha no way. But you obviously have some kind of feelings for the girl you barely know if you are worried.
    I do like her a lot, shes very very very attractive and overall quite lovely. It's not that I feel that bad, but I get the feeling that she's got quite attached quite quickly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.