ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to take
    Economics
    Maths
    English
    Hindi
    Biology

Chemistry or arts?
    Can I also get a sugession on which subjects to take HL (heigher level) and which ones to take SL (Standard level)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameera Meghjani)
    I'm planning to take
    Economics
    Maths
    English
    Hindi
    Biology

Chemistry or arts?
    Can I also get a sugession on which subjects to take HL (heigher level) and which ones to take SL (Standard level)?
    It all depends on what you'd like to study at university as certain university courses have required subject combinations. With that being said, I'd recommend chemistry since it's far less subjective (and in my opinion MUCH less time consuming) and fits in better with the rest of your subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you need to provide us with a bit more information about your intended studies at University, as well as a bit info about what you're like as a person.

Obviously if you're planning to do any kind of Natural Sciences at uni then Chemistry would be the natural choice, preferably also at HL. Also, if you're the logical type of person that prefer following objective markschemes and memorising for tests/exams, then Chemistry may be ideal. Keep in mind Chemistry is accumulative, and as such unless you have done some Chemistry before IBDP, taking Chemistry would be quite challenging (but not impossible).

On the other hand, if you don't have anything particular in mind, then Art may help to keep your options open and demonstrate your well-roundedness as a student. Art has almost no prerequisite knowledge, and if you're the creative type that prefer spending hours working on a project then Art is the way to go. Art also has a plus in that there are no papers to sit at the end of the two years (although your studio work and workbook would need to be completed instead), so you will have a slightly smaller load in that month of May. However Art is incredibly subjective, so that piece of work that you may consider a masterpiece may not be seen the same way by examiners. This makes it very much unpredictable and may cause catastrophes to your entire DP.

Chemistry is a lot of hard work right at the end, while Art is working consistently all the way through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameera Meghjani)
    I'm planning to take
    Economics
    Maths
    English
    Hindi
    Biology

Chemistry or arts?
    Definitely look at unis and what they want because chemistry can open up a lot of doors (medicine and sciences) and it's easier to do well (well, it's a super hard subject but atleast you can learn it whereas with art it can be a bit hit and miss)

As for HL and SL maths is reaally hard at HL so only do it if you really loe it or you're suuper good at it. (but HL Maths, chem and bio is a perfect combinatation for medicine or biosciences!)

Really depends on what you wanna do at uni!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.