Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My laptops sound system isn't working. Its been like 4 days, however if i restart my laptop, the sound does work..

Its not muted btw, everything is on full volume.

Anyone know what the problem is?
    I have searched and i still don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    My laptops sound system isn't working. Its been like 4 days, however if i restart my laptop, the sound does work..

Try going into control panel > Device Manager, and look for (Audio input and outputs), try reinstalling it.. If that doesn't work

Start (Run) > Services.msc > Look for Windows Audio (Double click) > Startup type: Automatic (If this doesn't work either)

Then do a System Restore, to before the sound stopped working. It could be that audiodg.exe is corrupt or something.

If the first two solutions don't work, then feel free to send me a message, I'll have possible solutions which will be less time consuming than system restore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Try going into control panel > Device Manager, and look for (Audio input and outputs), try reinstalling it.. If that doesn't work

Start (Run) > Services.msc > Look for Windows Audio (Double click) > Startup type: Automatic (If this doesn't work either)

Then do a System Restore, to before the sound stopped working. It could be that audiodg.exe is corrupt or something.

If the first two solutions don't work, then feel free to send me a message, I'll have possible solutions which will be less time consuming than system restore.
    Hey sorry for the late reply
    Urhm, for the 1. i found Audio inputs and outputs but it doesn't have a re-install option..

The run option- it was already automatic.

And how do i do a system restore? and yeah what other options
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hey sorry for the late reply
    Urhm, for the 1. i found Audio inputs and outputs but it doesn't have a re-install option..

The run option- it was already automatic.

And how do i do a system restore? and yeah what other options
    Right click on the device and click on "uninstall", leave the delete driver box unchecked and click on "ok", then click on action > "scan for hardware changes". Should auto install. What make and model of laptop is it? Also what version of windows are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

Go to the manufacturers website, register the laptop, check download section and download the audio driver and reinstall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Right click on the device and click on "uninstall", leave the delete driver box unchecked and click on "ok", then click on action > "scan for hardware changes". Should auto install. What make and model of laptop is it? Also what version of windows are you on?
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Go to the manufacturers website, register the laptop, check download section and download the audio driver and reinstall
    Will try these thank you

And asus laptop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Will try these thank you

And asus laptop
    You tried hitting it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    You tried hitting it?

Obviously.. i'm asian :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Obviously.. i'm asian :rolleyes:
    or are you?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    Er m8, when i turn it off and on, the sound works. But then if i turn it off later then turn it back on, it won't work.. So then i gtta turn it off and on again

Ya get wat i mean boo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    or are you?
    :'( yesh.. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    :'( yesh.. :ninja:
    lel i joke :p:D

ReputationRep:
    lel i joke :p:D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    do you just have loads of these saved?

ReputationRep:
    do you just have loads of these saved?
    Nope, just search what i need on Google :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Er m8, when i turn it off and on, the sound works. But then if i turn it off later then turn it back on, it won't work.. So then i gtta turn it off and on again

Ya get wat i mean boo?
    I get u!! listen to what the other TSR guys said bc I'm not laptop expert I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I get u!! listen to what the other TSR guys said bc I'm not laptop expert I'm afraid
    Ok thanks

+Thanks for the follow ♥

ReputationRep:
    Is this issue still ongoing?

If so, it's almost as bad as my Chrome crashing when I type in a few characters, though I have yet to explore the underlying issue

(Original post by Dinaa)
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

The laptop isn't recognising the sound system. Could be that the connection is dodgy but try reinstalling the sound system (as mentioned) if that doesn't work Google "laptop doesn't recognise sound system" and take it from there. If it's the connection that's dodgy you'll have to take it to a repair shop

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.