Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was briefly introduced to my friend's (Mark) girlfriend (Anne) a few months ago and spoke to her last night properly at a party. Last night Anne bent over and asked this guy to smack her bum which he did and she kept telling the other guys to hug and squeeze her tightly while her Mark wasn't in the room. Mark overheard me telling someone that I felt uncomfortable with the smacking incident. Anne then confronts me on the balcony barricading me saying 'that didn't happen did it Claire?' and I walked away to get a drink.

Anne did this again taking me to another room to 'chat' and then venomously looked at me saying she thinks I don't like her and why have we not spoke much. I told her we had spoke but I was talking to others too, I had even not spoken to some of others at the party. Anne made me feel sick so I made excuses and got a drink. Anne runs to Mark telling him that I am bullying her and starts crying. I think Mark knows there is some truth in her behaviour as he wanted me to work it out. Mark is naive and says Anne is unable to make friends and that she doesn't understand personal physical boundaries and what is appropriate. Mark even said me and her could end up being best friends - very doubtful.

Mark did like me at one point and kept saying last night he was so glad I came to the party but didn't really say this about anyone else. I got upset to another friend as he knows I don't have a bad word or would harm a fly and yet this girl is trying to make out she is the victim.

I think she has always found me a threat as she keeps trying to look at my profile on Facebook said about me to my friend Mark who is her her boyfriend 'I hope Claire hasn't bought a better birthday present than me'.

I want Mark to be happy as he deserves to be happy yet I do not feel comfortable in his girlfriend's presence so feel like I can't see him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want Mark to be happy as he deserves to be happy yet I do not feel comfortable in his girlfriend's presence so feel like I can't see him.
    Sometimes friendships have to take a back seat

Step away a little and let him make the decisions about contacting you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.