Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get a 2:1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed my 2nd year studying international business but I didn't do too well and need 64% in my final year to get a 2:1, any tips?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Work Hard!

ReputationRep:
    find a smart person and leech off of them.

ReputationRep:
    Consider not drinking that next double and making it to your tutorial at 9am the next day.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -=|Jay|=-)
    Consider not drinking that next double and making it to your tutorial at 9am the next day.
    I'd go one step further and suggest not drinking at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_scouse)
    I've just completed my 2nd year studying international business but I didn't do too well and need 64% in my final year to get a 2:1, any tips?
    What did you get for your 2nd year? %?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    I'd go one step further and suggest not drinking at all.
    I wouldn't say so. I drank with friends and held 2 jobs and got a 1st.

It's all about time management. If you can manage your time well then you can do everything you want and still get the grade you want.

However, most students I knew were really bad at this.

ReputationRep:
    suckoff your tutor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    find a smart person and leech off of them.
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Write your first, and last name.

EDIT: On a serious note, you should consider asking the lecturer whether there's any books relevant to the modules that are worth a read.

If it's a technical course, then for your essays you might want to consider using diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    Asking tips on how to get a 2:1 is pitiful dude. Your degree is one of those obscure business ones so it's not hard. Just do the work.

ReputationRep:
    Read, read and read?

ReputationRep:
    For me I just went over Tutorials/ pass papers over and over. When you get to something you can't answer, look up the background theory and then apply it to answer the question. This helps guide you in more focused learning. Plus the tutorials are normally a good guide of the sort of questions you will have to answer in the exam.

I got more out of tutorials than I did lectures really, I tend to just fall behind in lectures and my brains just shuts off. Terrible way to learn imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.