Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Last minute gap year - Politics related work ideas?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!!

Whilst studying for my A-levels I realised I need a break and decided to email my university and ask them to defer my place! Even though they haven't yet officially replied or updated UCAS, my admissions officer said it would be fine and they're just going through the formalities. This now means I need to plan a gap year and I do realise all the professional internship deadlines have come and gone and I'll be very limited in terms of actual paid work but I do want to do something politics related that will enable me to gain some experience in my future degree area so...any ideas??

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You tried emailing your local and county councils? They may allow interning, shadowing or volunteering.

Newspapers are another good idea, local or a national.

I organised work experience with a hospital from scratch, with just Google and a phone. Try googling some local places around you politics related, phone some people and book some appointments and see what happens, you have nothing at all to lose!

Also start a WordPress blog about politics and current affairs, that stuff will help you incredibly, trust me!

Best of luck to you friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Join a political party. All of my friends wanting to do politics are a member of the Labour party, well their local branch.

ReputationRep:
    Is international travel something that you would want to do? if so you would learn about international political situations and gain the advantage of comparative insight. We support humanitarian projects for which international political savvyness is a real feature. Other organisations might also have similar projects to investigate:

http://www.outreachinternational.co....32&search.y=19

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.