Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! I'm stranded! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Out of cash and there's a block on my card, I'm stuck at Heathrow airport and no way to get home!

ReputationRep:
    Start walking!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do just don't get on the Malaysian Airlines.

ReputationRep:
    So your first thought is to get on tsr..

ReputationRep:
    Still stuck at the airport -_-

I need to get to Peterborough. Parent's aren't picking up phone or answering emails or texts, so for the time being I'm stuck with my bag, laptop and free wifi.

**** my life this sucks so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Call and ask a friend if you can borrow money off them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagning)
    Call and ask a friend if you can borrow money off them?
    Well my phone's dead now.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arketec)
    Start walking!
    I laughed, sorry... :mmm:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    You're still there? :0
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    So your first thought is to get on tsr..
    Ikr :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why there's a block on your card? Have you any way of contacting your bank?

There should definitely be a powerpoint you can use to charge your phone somewhere around the airport. Protip: find a Costa, sit next to the powerpoint, plug your phone in and put your laptop down and then move over a used cup/plate from another table to make it look like you've bought something.

ReputationRep:
    I think now's the time to use your phone a friend.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't even know who I'd call. :P All my (reliable) friends are back in Dubai. The only guy I know here is the most unreliable incapable guy ever lmao

And no, my first thought wasn't to get on tsr. My first thought was to try and get hold of my parents, then the bank, then when nobody replied I figured I may as well hop online to see if anyone here had some bright ideas :P

lol walk :P

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't even know who I'd call. :P All my (reliable) friends are back in Dubai. The only guy I know here is the most unreliable incapable guy ever lmao

And no, my first thought wasn't to get on tsr. My first thought was to try and get hold of my parents, then the bank, then when nobody replied I figured I may as well hop online to see if anyone here had some bright ideas :P

lol walk :P

ReputationRep:
    Talk to a member of staff at the airport? And don't you have tickets to get home? Why are you at the airport..

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you are at an airport and don't know how to get home?

Let me advise you: get on a plane, walk to the cockpit, sit down in the pilots seat, turn the engine on and fly home! What are you waiting for?

I will provide the equivalent of control tower using Google maps. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    Talk to a member of staff at the airport? And don't you have tickets to get home? Why are you at the airport..
    Was on a course a hotel here, didn't factor in that they added a load of extra charges when I checked out, sneaky *****!

(Original post by Fact)
    Honestly, you are at an airport and don't know how to get home?

Let me advise you: get on a plane, walk to the cockpit, sit down in the pilots seat, turn the engine on and fly home! What are you waiting for?

I will provide the equivalent of control tower using Google maps. :lol:
    lmao I'm not entirely sure my PPL grants me that luxury :P

ReputationRep:
    Go into the mens' toilets and look around for a guy who looks reasonably feminine. Chat him up, pull your top off and explain your situation to him. For a few hours of hard work, you may be able to get the money to get home no problemo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagning)
    Go into the mens' toilets and look around for a guy who looks reasonably feminine. Chat him up, pull your top off and explain your situation to him. For a few hours of hard work, you may be able to get the money to get home no problemo.
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Why? Are they doing free flights to Peterborough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Too soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.