Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my taste in music so terribly awful Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently listening to "Hey Mickey" and it's been repeated thirty-one times so far, I listened to Katy Perry's "Hummingbird Heartbeat" eighty-three time yesterday, I've had "Total Eclipse of the Heart" going on and off for the past two weeks, various Disney songs here and there, "Making your Mind Up", a huge bunch of Lily Allen, Mika, small amounts of Lady Gaga, 4 Non Blondes, Kate Nash and even the Macarena.

I haven't formed these into a playlist, I instead find the song on listenonrepeat.com and listen to it until I think of another. I don't even like these songs though, so that's my main concern

ReputationRep:
    Your musical taste is horrible but it really doesn't matter if you enjoy it, then who cares

ReputationRep:
    It's only awful if YOU dislike it. Seeing as how you've been listening to such music voluntarily, it seems to me that you like it pretty much, but are embarrassed to admit it because the likes of Katy Perry pop music is considered "unoriginal" and crap.
    Don't let what people say about artists influence how you find their music. I listen to all sorts of pop songs - ranging from Lady Gaga to Katy Perry - and I think my music taste is pretty damn good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.