Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been reading things on the Lonely Planet forum recently and came across a few hard-hitting blogs, and it got me thinking - why do people ride elephants?

Wild elephants will not let you ride on their backs....

So, have people not actually thought of why these elephants do?

http://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2...ing-elephants/

http://expertvagabond.com/elephants-in-thailand/

http://journals.worldnomads.com/resp...ur-Bucket-List

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't since I read an article the other day that they get really badly treated to 'tame' them... that is really sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    I wouldn't since I read an article the other day that they get really badly treated to 'tame' them... that is really sad
    They have the will kicked out of them, so they submit and conform. When they realise that all hope is lost and they have no need to defend themselves any further, then that's when they get put in the circus or used for tourism.

ReputationRep:
    same thing for a horse too....but that's totally fine right ?

ReputationRep:
    No animal should be treated as like such property without sustaining all the needs and giving the animal the respect it deserves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    same thing for a horse too....but that's totally fine right ?
    Horses are used for sport, and most horses are not wild, they are born in captivity, so you don't need to beat them with sticks.

In my first link in my OP, there is another link that has an explicit photo of elephant abuse. I suggest you click it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Horses are used for sport, and most horses are not wild, they are born in captivity, so you don't need to beat them with sticks.

In my first link in my OP, there is another link that has an explicit photo of elephant abuse. I suggest you click it.
    dont really care........

ReputationRep:
    What do people really think of this issue?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.