Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I give her one last chance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Sorry to bother you guys but I could do with some advice. If you don't already know, I came out of a bad platonic friendship that I have never been able to get over. The girl liked me but then after a rumour that we were a couple, she didn't like me anymore. I tried to keep the friendship aloft by helping in class, and buying cards, flowers and perfume but she never appreciated it. Even afterwards, in one awkward small talk I asked her if she'd like to do something and she said yes, even though we're not nearly as good acquaintances as we used to be. Should I still bother taking her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archurus23)
    Hi everyone! Sorry to bother you guys but I could do with some advice. If you don't already know, I came out of a bad platonic friendship that I have never been able to get over. The girl liked me but then after a rumour that we were a couple, she didn't like me anymore. I tried to keep the friendship aloft by helping in class, and buying cards, flowers and perfume but she never appreciated it. Even afterwards, in one awkward small talk I asked her if she'd like to do something and she said yes, even though we're not nearly as good acquaintances as we used to be. Should I still bother taking her?
    She said yes didnt she? So go on, take her out. It's the first step in things being back to the way they used to be. If she said no then I'd say you should stop bothering, but considering she said yes... go for it! Hope it gets sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    She said yes didnt she? So go on, take her out. It's the first step in things being back to the way they used to be. If she said no then I'd say you should stop bothering, but considering she said yes... go for it! Hope it gets sorted.
    Thank you. Bear in mind she continued to sort of walk past me after that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no, she doesn't appreciate u. move onto bigger tings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    no, she doesn't appreciate u. move onto bigger tings.
    Ok thanks. I have mixed feelings about this. I still don't want to accept that it's most likely over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archurus23)
    Ok thanks. I have mixed feelings about this. I still don't want to accept that it's most likely over

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you in school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    you in school?
    I just finished year 12. Why do you ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOO. Seriously, no, she seems like a horrible person/friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JanitaTwain)
    NOOOOOO. Seriously, no, she seems like a horrible person/friend.
    I thought so. Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.