Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Highest ever average score achieved on a degree course? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the highest ever average score was for a first class degree? I heard of someone having 85per cent average, anyone know what the record is, anyone had 100%?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who averaged 89 in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anybody has ever had 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    I don't think anybody has ever had 100%.
    Not even in media studies? )))

ReputationRep:
    I know people in my year who got in the low 90s for certain exams (albeit this is in the first year of the pharmacy degree).

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what uni doesn't it? I mean a Cambridge student could probably get a high score at UEL.

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure i heard a chinese student mistaking oxford brookes for oxford and got 100% in everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos10000)
    Probably harder, since getting 100% on an essay is functionally impossible.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of people getting 97% in a maths degree.

ReputationRep:
    I did media and it's impossible to get a 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    im pretty sure i heard a chinese student mistaking oxford brookes for oxford and got 100% in everything.

So he mistakenly applied for the wrong university, got to the wrong university, then stayed there for THREE YEARS while he completed his exams and didn't realize he was in a ****e university instead of one of the best in the world?

Don't.Talk.****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicso)
    So he mistakenly applied for the wrong university, got to the wrong university, then stayed there for THREE YEARS while he completed his exams and didn't realize he was in a ****e university instead of one of the best in the world?

Don't.Talk.****.
    yes, he did exactly that. i know i found it odd as well.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Karl Pilkington?

I had 90.1% GPA in Computer Science. In my final year I reached the level where I could write a fully functional Assembly program from scratch and make it more efficient then the most optimised c++ compiler.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone personally that got 89.7% overall in physics. It's theoretical so easier to get a higher %.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the highest ever average score was for a first class degree? I heard of someone having 85per cent average, anyone know what the record is, anyone had 100%?
    The person who comes top in cambridge maths is given 100 percent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Science degrees: common to see extremely high marks, common to see very low marks
    Humanities degrees: uncommon to see extremely high marks, uncommon to see very low marks

By the above observation, you'll find the highest marks awarded in things like maths and physics, as others have pointed out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    The person who comes top in cambridge maths is given 100 percent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow really?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I do economics at Leeds Met and I've never known anybody to get above 85 in the years I've been here.

ReputationRep:
    yes, he did exactly that. i know i found it odd as well.
    I'd love to see a source for this urban myth...

ReputationRep:
    I'm averaging around 85% in Biomedical Sciences.

I've heard rumors of another student averaging 93% in Chemistry, and another averaging 89% in Physics, not sure how valid these claims are as the sources are hardly reliable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.