Financial Support / Benafits for Students

Watch
JamesDavidKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, (I Hope im posting this question in the right place)

I need some advise and Im really very unsure were to turn. Im 19 and did very little education, I didn't finish school. I was facing issues with severe depression and at a very young age turned to Addiction. I have spent the last 3 years in a Rehab center and with support and counseling Im now ready to move on. I naturally want to turn back to education and I have this year privately completed one IGCSE and a certification called CompTIA A+, I would like to go to Anglia Ruskin University and study BSC Hons in Computer Science, and Im aware of their entry requirements, I have opted to take 3 more IGCSEs in June next year to then move onto college and do maybe a BTEC or Diploma / Access course. My question is, is there any financial support available to students, (Housing, maintenance) I plan on working as much as possible but obviously the transition is going to take time between leaving the center and getting a job (especially with no qualifications) Because of my history I dont have any family it would be suitable to stay with and it would be detrimental to my recovery to stay in a Hostel / Shared house. can anyone offer advise?

Many Thanks
James
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads