Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an conditional offer from MMU and I'm just waiting to sit my final exam in August (The IELTS exam) and when I get my results, I will send them in. I had withdrawn my application from UNI of Manchester (which was by accident) as I really want to go there and I have sent an email to them to reinstate it (but I don't think they will because it's too late) I'm going to go to MMU. Could someone tell me their opinion on this uni please and some advice please? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you call UCAS right after you accidentally withdrawn your offer? Are you it was accidental? Are you sure UCAS didn't ask a follow up question of "Are you sure you want to withdraw this offer?" or something along those lines?

As with Manchester Metropolitan Uni, anything with Metropolitan in the name is crap.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know.... I'm praying so much to get into that uni!!! I want to study there so much!

Is mmu you really crap? I've seen the ratings of it and to tell you the truth... It's not so low... It's the same with North Hampton too and some others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you accidentally withdraw?! When did this happen?

ReputationRep:
    12th of March

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I went to MMU on an applicant day I really enjoyed it and loved the city feeling as well as the university itself. The accommodation we visited though was an absolute dump. Mess everywhere and dirty. Still liked it though

ReputationRep:
    Short answer? No.

ReputationRep:
    You'll always get compared to the University of Manchester and will never come out on top.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.