Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When you play FPS games, are you a camper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I play battlefield, and mostly I play as a long range sniper or an LMG gunner that provides long range fire support. Spotting also is what I do. I am also considered as a camper in COD standards.

So are you a camper? If so, why not play offensively?

ReputationRep:
    hell no, campers are evil and should die

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the world of Call of Duty, where snipers run around the map and AR's sit in corners (c) EG Karma

Trolling, getting to those scorestreaks - anyone who doesn't either gets shot down or naded in the first 30 seconds, or languishes at the bottom of the scoreboard like the above user :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Lol camping ain't even that serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    modern call of duty games are a joke too, still playing cod4 and gears 1 crew checking in

ReputationRep:
    Camping is for scrubs. I hate people who hog camping spots, it's cheating and ruins the game. I like to run around the map as much as possible, I don't even bother to do objectives to be honest. I prefer large open maps, forces people to stay out in the open.

Quickscoping is for scrubs. I hate CoD quickscopers. Little kids ruined this game.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I'm playing seriously or just looking to rustle some jimmies

BRB commando pro, lightweight pro, marathon pro, tac knife

aw fuk bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    it's cheating
    No it's not

It's a sophisticated strategical manoeuvre

Why you mad?

ReputationRep:
    Not usually, but as they say...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

So yeah sometimes if I'm getting demolished or have a nice little spot I will. I sniper camp quite a lot too, but isn't that the idea of being a sniper? Not quickscoping?

ReputationRep:
    If my my score benefits from it then I will do it. Because of the size of the maps on Battlefield, I find that camping does not reward you like it does in Call of duty. Of course people will be crying over campers because someone else who spent their money on the game should not play it in a way that want. Its not like its a glitch or hack. I remember camping on the map Afgan on MW2 and getting kill streak after kill streak. When people keep coming up the same route over and over why should I stop? I got called a camping whore after but at the end of the day our team won the match because they were all too stupid to come up the different route and kill me from behind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Not usually, but as they say...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

So yeah sometimes if I'm getting demolished or have a nice little spot I will. I sniper camp quite a lot too, but isn't that the idea of being a sniper? Not quickscoping?
    i wouldnt call that camping, as a sniper you obviously are going to stay in one place most of the time

ReputationRep:
    I've been called a camper before for just using good military tactics such as snap ambushes & holding a good defensive position on Battlefield. That confused me slightly as BF isn't as run & gun friendly as COD is. Fire and maneuver is the best tactic which is what I usually stick to but if I know someone's following me I'm certainly going to find a decent position to ambush them from. & even if I'm in a good defensive location, I'm going to move after a few kills so that the enemy can't hit me from a different angle by surprise.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm even worse.
    I run around with a shotgun and always have c4.

ReputationRep:
    absolutely not - it's boring anyway; it stops the game being a "game" and causes it to become a chore
    I'd only even camp if I were terrified and felt completely surrounded at every corner of the map

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    i wouldnt call that camping, as a sniper you obviously are going to stay in one place most of the time
    Yeah same, although when I play a lot with my friends I constantly get called a camper for that -_-

ReputationRep:
    I just run around, camping gets boring when there aren't any enemies around. I enjoy being in the heart of the action

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a camper but I do patrol near spawn points.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes camp a bit on Call of Duty. Not all the time, depends on what class I'm using.

Don't like it? Buy my game and PS3 and I'll play your way. Until then I'll camp whenever and wherever I please.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the camping type. I prefer to run around with SMGs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Camping is for scrubs. I hate people who hog camping spots, it's cheating and ruins the game. I like to run around the map as much as possible, I don't even bother to do objectives to be honest. I prefer large open maps, forces people to stay out in the open.

Quickscoping is for scrubs. I hate CoD quickscopers. Little kids ruined this game.
    U MAD BRO?

Cheating is sweaty pre-pubscent teens thinking they are Nadeshot since they use wallhack :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.