Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Study shows 50% of women would lie about the paternity of their child... Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    another reason to never get married, and a male version of the pill can't come soon enough

I remember seeing a clip from some american talk show where the host was saying women should trick their husband/bf if they wanted a child but their husband didn't, she basically said you should lie about being on the pill, and the whole audience (90% women) were giving a round of applause, can't believe this trash is being put on tv.

ReputationRep:
    Vile, disgusting creatures. Child support should be optional and paternity tests mandatory right after birth.

ReputationRep:
    What baffles me is why women would want to get pregnant outside of an established trusting financially stable relationship.

Although very few women (despite your figures, which in my view are ridiculous) are dangerous and damaged enough to do this sort of thing, men are still right to be cautious because once we've ejaculated we have absolutely no reproductive rights beyond what the mother deigns to listen to us on. They can even pierce condoms or turkey baste the semen out of them and conceive that way and still you will be liable for the child support, and doubtless not allowed much contact with your children when they appear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Vile, disgusting creatures. Child support should be optional and paternity tests mandatory right after birth.
    An important political goal for feminist pressure groups at the minute is to make paternity testing illegal. There is no rational argument for this beyond "empowering" women to use men as sperm donors and then wallets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    ...and a further 42% would lie about contraception in order to get pregnant, no matter the wishes of their partner. 65% of single women said they would not tell a partner about a sexual disease.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/96-o...onest-1-565123

Always wrap it up, fellas, you have everything to lose trusting a woman.
    An impressive sample size, although I don't think these results reflect all women. Only readers of the magazine ''That's Life!'' were surveyed, so I expect that the results probably just reflect those readers. The survey is also very old.

It's interesting, though. It would be great if a similar survey was done with readers of a bunch of different magazines/news papers/whatnot, for both men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    An important political goal for feminist pressure groups at the minute is to make paternity testing illegal. There is no rational argument for this beyond "empowering" women to use men as sperm donors and then wallets.
    They've already managed to do it in France, a man can only get one with the approval of his wife and a special court order.

Any paternity testing without a court order is banned, due to the official desire to "preserve the peace" within French families, with the French government citing psychologists who state that fatherhood is determined by society rather than biology.

French men often circumvent these laws by sending samples of DNA to foreign laboratories, but risk prosecution if caught. The maximum penalty for carrying out secret paternity testing is one year in prison and a €15,000 fine.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_testing#France

Feminists denying biology, tale as old as time . Sometimes I wonder who hates science more, christians or feminists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Is that actually true, because I have only heard of one occasion of a feminist saying that. Didn't seem very representative of the feminists as a whole, it certainly isn't something they have been very vocal about.

ReputationRep:
    They've already managed to do it in France, a man can only get one with the approval of his wife and a special court order.

Feminists denying biology, tale as old as time . Sometimes I wonder who hates science more, christians or feminists?
    For all the flak of woman-hating that anyone who opposes this might receive, I fail to see how any woman who is not a total misandrist man-hater, or a hypocrite, could possibly support this.

ReputationRep:
    Yes the sample size, at 5000, is quite impressive. You're also right in saying these women cannot be used as a representative sample of the general population. Nevertheless, I doubt you'd disagree the results are quite disturbing.
    Quite disturbing, yes.

ReputationRep:

ok what?! That justification made absolutely no sense!

ReputationRep:
    Haha because all of you are clearly husband material.

Get a grip.

You'd be lucky a Women will even acknowledge your pitiful existence.

ReputationRep:

Yup, that is incredibly stupid.

That is not a position a feminists has to hold however.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yes the sample size, at 5000, is quite impressive. You're also right in saying these women cannot be used as a representative sample of the general population. Nevertheless, I doubt you'd disagree the results are quite disturbing.
    Yes, but given that the source is That's Life! magazine, it's hardly the best representation of women overall...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Yes, but given that the source is That's Life! magazine, it's hardly the best representation of women overall...
    It's like getting your opinion of men from the readers of Nuts magazine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'veGotAHadron)

Get a grip.

So you think it is ok for women to lie about paternity or contraception? I mean if you didn't you wouldn't have come in and insulted everyone for saying that is a bad thing right? :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    It's like getting your opinion of men from the readers of Nuts magazine.
    PRSOM :moon:

ReputationRep:
    In other news, Maury's just announced that his highly anticipated ''Tu n'es pas le pere!'' french spin off has been canceled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'veGotAHadron)

Get a grip.

What a stupid post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    What a stupid post.
    If you believe OP then you're delusional.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.