Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to do a good waterfall braid or french plait (on your own hair)? Also, do you know of any other really nice braids?

I have looked at many YouTube video tutorials of how to do waterfall braids, but not once have I been successful!

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't know how, but as I was googling waterfall braid images (because I didn't know what they were), I found this and thought I should draw attention to it

Name:  sm6zi.jpg
Views: 12407
Size:  99.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    I'm afraid I don't know how, but as I was googling waterfall braid images (because I didn't know what they were), I found this and thought I should draw attention to it

Name:  sm6zi.jpg
Views: 12407
Size:  99.5 KB
    Oh my gosh, haha! That's mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really like waterfall braids but I cannot do them to look nice like other peoples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbutterflyx)
    I really like waterfall braids but I cannot do them to look nice like other peoples
    Same! I can't do them at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to do french plaits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waterfall Braids is really a difficult task for me, I tried it many times finally I went to hairstylist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RehaShaikh)
    Waterfall Braids is really a difficult task for me, I tried it many times finally I went to hairstylist
    Yes, I think they are really hard. Even the "easy waterfall braid" YouTube tutorials are really difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pinterest is the best place to browse if you're looking for hair tutorials! I found the waterfall braid difficult at first, but if you know how to french braid then it comes easily. The trick with french braiding is to always add hair to the middle strand only. If you look up tutorials for cornrowing hair (which is essentially the same as french braiding, but smaller and tighter), you'll see that hair is only ever added to the middle strand. I used to get carried away and I'd just add hair to any strand, but work on adding to only one strand and this will help you when it comes to waterfall braiding.
    As for other easy braids, my favourite is the 5 strand braid, because once you master this, you'll be able to do an 8 and 11 strand braid with ease! This is the only tutorial that worked for me because the girl is very repetitive and goes through it step by step: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JyiaPuG6w
    She then goes on to demonstrate an 11 strand braid, which is just two 3 strand braids attached to one 5 strand braid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHg3abiX-6E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    Pinterest is the best place to browse if you're looking for hair tutorials! I found the waterfall braid difficult at first, but if you know how to french braid then it comes easily. The trick with french braiding is to always add hair to the middle strand only. If you look up tutorials for cornrowing hair (which is essentially the same as french braiding, but smaller and tighter), you'll see that hair is only ever added to the middle strand. I used to get carried away and I'd just add hair to any strand, but work on adding to only one strand and this will help you when it comes to waterfall braiding.
    As for other easy braids, my favourite is the 5 strand braid, because once you master this, you'll be able to do an 8 and 11 strand braid with ease! This is the only tutorial that worked for me because the girl is very repetitive and goes through it step by step: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JyiaPuG6w
    She then goes on to demonstrate an 11 strand braid, which is just two 3 strand braids attached to one 5 strand braid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHg3abiX-6E
    Thanks very much - this is helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look up bebexo on YouTube!! She has loads of tutorials that are really simple - I've learnt how to do loads of fancy braids from her, including the waterfall braid!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    Look up bebexo on YouTube!! She has loads of tutorials that are really simple - I've learnt how to do loads of fancy braids from her, including the waterfall braid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will do! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.