Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you include Insight Days as part of work experience? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am very interested in Investment Banking but do not have any relevant experiences to make my CV stand out. I have some finance work experience such as Actuarial Assistant, Insolvency administrator and administrative assistant for a chartered accountancy firm. I have just finished my A-Levels and I am currently on a summer programme with Accenture which is IT based. As you can see, these roles are not really IB related. Therefore, I was wondering whether I can include a HSBC Insight Day coming up as a part of my work experience on my CV?

Also, does anybody have any suggestions on what I can include to improve the banking cv that I want to make.

Apologies for the long post.

Thank you for your time.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leadership, teamwork, problem solving - sure you've covered all of these areas in your achievements/experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I have leadership and team work with setting up my college's Business, Investment and Finance society and being part of the Young Enterprise team but that only applies in my skills and interests section.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.