Zumba for super skinny people

Watch
LoveChristian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi i wanted to ask if thats fine for me to do zumba as i am very skinny and want to gain muscles on my legs arms and abs is it fine or is it only for people who wants to lose weight ?
Technetium
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been doing Zumba for 4 years - I got into it because I'm a dancer and wanted a more interesting workout - It consists of (moderately) high intensity cardio that's good for shedding pounds and sculpting the body. Personally I wouldn't say I've gained any muscles on my legs or arms they've just become more toned. As for abs, some routines are really good for defining them and blasting belly fat.
LoveChristian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Oh i see thank you for response. I am worried as i dont have belly as i can see bone of my hips and if i do zumba it makes me even more bone visible like dead skeleton ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Technetium
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LoveChristian)
Oh i see thank you for response. I am worried as i dont have belly as i can see bone of my hips and if i do zumba it makes me even more bone visible like dead skeleton ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind my asking how fit are you? and were you planning on purchasing the discs or going to a live class?
What I've seen is that people from both ends of the spectrum do struggle with certain aspects of Zumba because it can be fast-paced, technical and thus a bit overwhelming if you can't keep up.

If you don't have much fat to begin with and are already quite toned then I don't really think Zumba is for you. By all means try it out because it's fun and will improve your rhythm and stamina. The live classes create a motivational and fun atmosphere but if you were to purchase the DVDs I recommend the original because the latest 'Zumba Exhilarate' is not as intense and only one disc is worth it in my opinion.
foodirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I suppose You should try going to the gym as zumba is a cardio and I don't think it's good for bodybuilding.
nicatre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You won't lose weight unless you eat less than you burn; it doesn't matter what exercise you're doing.

Building muscle requires putting significant resistance repetitively on your muscles and eating excess kcals to provide the energy to do so. A largely aerobic exercise won't do that.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you won't gain any noticeable muscle doing zumba, you need to lift weights and eat a calorie surplus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.66%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
15.15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (54)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (37)
18.69%

Watched Threads