Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Fantasy & Sci-Fi Final: Lord of the Ring: ROTK v The Matrix Watch

• View Poll Results: Fantasy & Sci-Fi Group Final
    The LOTR: The Return Of The King
    68.33%
    The Matrix
    31.67%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
    The closing installment of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic saga, this film gives the resolution to one of cinema's most celebrated trilogies. Featuring battles breathtaking in their scope, fantastical creatures brought to life and the end of Frodo's journey to Mordor, Peter Jackson's adaptation lives up to the legacy of the novels.

The Matrix (1999)
    Coming at the turn of the 21st century when everyone was concerned with the age of technology, Matrix's subject matter of a human race enslaved by machines and put into a dream world representing our own seemed oddly topical. Combining the Wachowski brothers' penchant for tightly choreographed acrobatic fights and a strong narrative, this dystopian high-tech action thriller grips you from start to finish.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Preferred the former.

ReputationRep:
    Could easily vote for both, dunno. I will sleep on it.

ReputationRep:
    Matrix is still one of my most favourite and LOTR is still tedious but I'm sure I predicted LORT to win cause demographics and/ or people have no taste.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

I love both! I don't know May not vote..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Yep, I may join you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Yep, I may join you.
    Oh, you have to vote. If you love both then you don't mind which goes through but still vote.

Do the sofa test? Imagine you're sat on the sofa right now with a Dvd in each hand. Which goes into the machine to be watched tonight and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I voted Matrix and it's getting it's ass kicked badly atm.

ReputationRep:
    LOTR all the way man.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Thought the latter was much more important.
    Was an expression of hacking and techy culture, which was interesting... and the whole man vs machine... and the nature of reality stuff...
    ROTK isn't even the best LOTR film :P I kinda disliked the last one in comparison to the second and first.

ReputationRep:
    LOTR steaming ahead as it should

The Matrix was a fantastic film, but I definitely had a better experience watching the last LOTR film.

Spoiler:
    Show

The scenes with Sam and Frodo on the slopes of Mount Doom were incredible; imo, the Matrix didn't have any scenes with that kind of power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Oh, you have to vote. If you love both then you don't mind which goes through but still vote.

Do the sofa test? Imagine you're sat on the sofa right now with a Dvd in each hand. Which goes into the machine to be watched tonight and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem is that whilst The Matrix wins the Friday night test ... LOTR:ROTK wins the Sunday afternoon test!

ReputationRep:
    Just checked the latest votes, and this really should be closer. For that reason alone, I vote Neo.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked the latest votes, and this really should be closer. For that reason alone, I vote Neo.
    Voted Matrix for the same reason, it's a bit of a slaughter when it shouldn't be...

ReputationRep:
    Noooo D: The Matrix is probably the best action film ever made XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeclanCochran)
    Noooo D: The Matrix is probably the best action film ever made XD
    Looks like it will be TSR's 2nd favourite Sci-fi/fantasy film and not the first though.

Looks like LOTR will take that honour.

ReputationRep:
    With you on this one.

I think LOTR is vastly overrated tbh. Certainly good, but not great. Perhaps it's because I'd read the books a few times over before the movies were made.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Yep, I may join you.
    :five:

(Original post by Motorbiker)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I'd watch the matrix :yep: and it's also losing badly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.