Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i had been going out with my ex girlfriend for 4 months. We became best friends and we broke up because I'm moving to uni that was 3 weeks ago but i move in September. It was kind of mutual but it was more her because i don't think she could trust me at uni although I would have been loyal I'm not the type to cheat. But she was not convinced. Anyway we have not argued and only spoken once since we broke up. I have texted her once and not been clingy or desperate. Anyway today i woke up to find she has blocked me on Facebook. I honestly feel like she is trying to forget about how much she loves me but this is just wrong, you cant just force yourself to stop loving someone and I'm worrying she will move on when it is not necessary. Honestly i love her and this is torture. She really cares about me she even checked herself that the course i was doing was suitable for me but not contacting me is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHorizon)
    Basically i had been going out with my ex girlfriend for 4 months. We became best friends and we broke up because I'm moving to uni that was 3 weeks ago but i move in September. It was kind of mutual but it was more her because i don't think she could trust me at uni although I would have been loyal I'm not the type to cheat. But she was not convinced. Anyway we have not argued and only spoken once since we broke up. I have texted her once and not been clingy or desperate. Anyway today i woke up to find she has blocked me on Facebook. I honestly feel like she is trying to forget about how much she loves me but this is just wrong, you cant just force yourself to stop loving someone and I'm worrying she will move on when it is not necessary. Honestly i love her and this is torture. She really cares about me she even checked herself that the course i was doing was suitable for me but not contacting me is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bro. I've had this feeling a few times. Hell I suffer with it on random days currently. Let me tell you something, let it go. Take the emotions like waves and you're observing them, right now these emotions are horrible and they are making you feel awful, embrace it, feel this now. But it will get better, it always gets better.

Don't text her, don't chase her. Don't be needy. (God I wish i could have taken that advice). If she has blocked you and is trying to move on, you let her. You move on aswell, I know it sucks, you love her, you don't want her to move on, you'd do anything for her. But this pain does subside. You will find someone else.

It's not meant to be right now, and no matter what words you say or actions you do, she right now does not want you. So just let her get on with it (even if you think its wrong, it's her life man, not yours, she makes the choice).

Be strong, take the emotions as they come but please, please i stress this, don't act on these emotions, don't message her saying how **** you feel without her, don't message her saying how much you ****ing hate her. Just let it go.

You'll get to uni, you'll meet some cool people and you can enjoy yourself. Maybe with a bit of no contact she changes her mind, but don't sit and wait for that.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but I promise, you will be fine, you'll get through this.

ReputationRep:
    Its just so hard when I know she loves cares and wants to be with me but she is too insecure to let me go to uni on my own. She would rather be without me that have to worry id cheat which would damage her self esteem but that would not happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just move on with life, this is probably the best time to get over someone as its the summer holidays and u dont have to see them in school/college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakeh)
    Bro. I've had this feeling a few times. Hell I suffer with it on random days currently. Let me tell you something, let it go. Take the emotions like waves and you're observing them, right now these emotions are horrible and they are making you feel awful, embrace it, feel this now. But it will get better, it always gets better.

Don't text her, don't chase her. Don't be needy. (God I wish i could have taken that advice). If she has blocked you and is trying to move on, you let her. You move on aswell, I know it sucks, you love her, you don't want her to move on, you'd do anything for her. But this pain does subside. You will find someone else.

It's not meant to be right now, and no matter what words you say or actions you do, she right now does not want you. So just let her get on with it (even if you think its wrong, it's her life man, not yours, she makes the choice).

Be strong, take the emotions as they come but please, please i stress this, don't act on these emotions, don't message her saying how **** you feel without her, don't message her saying how much you ****ing hate her. Just let it go.

You'll get to uni, you'll meet some cool people and you can enjoy yourself. Maybe with a bit of no contact she changes her mind, but don't sit and wait for that.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but I promise, you will be fine, you'll get through this.
    This!

It sucks OP, and it's something most people have to go through at some point. You just have to give it time. Best thing to do is try your best to distract yourself - stay busy, see friends and whatever. Don't contact her because it just makes things harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.