Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films that really scared you when you were small. Watch

ReputationRep:
    My mum took me to see Disney's Snow White when I was 5. I was really scared when the wicked step mother showed up especially after you get a false sense of security with Snow White and the dwarfs singing and stuff.

I still think about it now years later. I was a traumatic event in my early life!

ReputationRep:
    The Exorcist. I watched the whole movie when I was 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely The Gremlins, when it looks like they're about to come through the tv screen, me and my sister used to run out of the room and hide v.v

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    My mum took me to see Disney's Snow White when I was 5. I was really scared when the wicked step mother showed up especially after you get a false sense of security with Snow White and the dwarfs singing and stuff.

I still think about it now years later. I was a traumatic event in my early life!
    Lol I was just about to write the same thing!
    I was also really scared by the film spirited away, especially with the old man spider guy, I kept thinking about it for months.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason me and my friends thought it was cool to watch A Clockwork Orange. We were 10. Is that small enough? It was pretty traumatising anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Bride of Chucky

ReputationRep:
    Well it's embarrassing but after I watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets I was so scared of toilets that I wouldn't use them anywhere but home. Even in school I would get changed in the classroom because I was too scared to go near a changing room/toilet...

The basilisk ****ed me up real good.

ReputationRep:
    I always saw through the shallowness of horror films when I saw them as a kid. 2001 A Space Odyssey- that's the only film that scared me as a kid, the only film that scares me now. The ending, the monoliths, HAL singing... The ideas in it were so big I think it just scared the crap out of me. Can't remember when I first watched it though.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a film but it creeped me out way too much as a kid not to mention it.
    When I was younger Goosebumps scared the **** out of me. Would stop me going to sleep for weeks sometimes :L
    I still find it rather creepy even now at 18 I'm ashamed to admit.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There aren't really any, I guess there was the grudge, watched that when I was like 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mrs Doubtfire scared me. The Grudge didn't, funnily enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its Indian- RAAZ :afraid:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    101 Dalmatians
    The Nutty Professor
    Haunted House
    ET :0

ReputationRep:
    Watership Down... it was creepy. I still haven't watched it again.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Watership Down... it was creepy. I still haven't watched it again.
    Isn't that the rabbit one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The BFG scared me for some reason... Also Adams Family and Deep Blue Sea

ReputationRep:
    This is embarrassing.

Finding Nemo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Isn't that the rabbit one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, with the song 'Bright Eyes' that still creeps me out

ReputationRep:
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The Oompa Loompas scared the **** out of me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Terminator, I used to think that at night, someone would come and kill me plus the whole metal skeleton still scares the crap out of me.
    I watched the grudge when I was 7/8 so it freaked me out a little.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.