Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have friends (significantly) older/younger than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A bit like marriage, it appears to me that as one gets older (from people who I know) age difference in friends makes a lot less difference to them.

So how big an age gap is there between you and your friend (and what age are you)? And feel free to add anything else, like whether you think the relationship is weirder or perhaps more special.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and most of my friends are either older or younger than me
    I think the oldest must be 10 years older than me...it doesn't really make much of a difference how old or young my friends are to me, expect that my curfew changes according to who I'm with

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends are either same age or older. Generally early to mid 20s. Some in their 30s (most of whom I've met abroad). Oldest friend I have is a lady in her 50s I met travelling

I'd like to think I get on with people from most ages (except younger than me, generally).

ReputationRep:
    I have plenty of aquaintances and "friends" who are older than me, but the only truly good friend is forty five and a Priest, I am twenty three and not a priest >.>

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and my eldest friend is 27 but my best friend is 22 ^-^ but I also have a few good friends my age!

I'm in love with my bestfriend but it's unrequited v.v
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes, since I was 16 I've had a lot of friends in their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 29 and I have a couple of friends 10 years older. My youngest friend is only a year younger than me though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two of my closest friends are about double my age (I'm 23). Think it is because I am mature for my age though. On the whole though, age doesn't matter as long as we're on the same wavelength :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few friends that are genuinely old enough to be my parents. I'm 19 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Me neither! High five =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titchyyyy)
    Me neither! High five =)
    Sad high five
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 next month and I have friends up to the age of 40. The youngest is 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    I'm 17 next month and I have friends up to the age of 40. The youngest is 13.
    Seeing as you are one of the few who actually seems to have a younger friend (as opposed to a significantly older), do people find that weird or not particularly?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    My oldest friend is 21, I knew her when I was 7.
    The oldest guy I'm friends with is 17

Then again that's not a very big age gap for either is it?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sad high five
    It's okay, I'm sure like me, you are awesome and it'll only be a matter of time before we're swamped with friend requests! ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Nope, all are around my age (19) and the oldest is 25
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and I always have done.

Since the later years of primary school I've been "friends" with people much older than me though really I just happened to be there, and they happened to be nice enough to let me drink WKD. In my early to mid teens I had many friends in their 20s and now have friends in their 30s and 40s. I am using "friends" loosely as I only consider myself to have a few actual, decent friends but in the sense that most people probably mean it the above is the case.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because you swallow em (your kirby picture)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titchyyyy)
    It's okay, I'm sure like me, you are awesome and it'll only be a matter of time before we're swamped with friend requests! ;-)
    No. I'm a sad pathetic loner and I'll never have any friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.