Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I applied for second year student finance earlier in the year and received my letters and declaration back in April, which have been signed for and sent back. I received a letter at the beginning of April with my payment breakdown and noted that I was being paid about £50 less than my first year finance. I received a second letter on 25th April which just appeared like another breakdown for me (I assumed they sent two by accident) and filed this away. I also received a reminder to sign my declaration and signed the reminder form and sent it off.

The other day, I came to realise that the second letter student finance had sent me is wrong. It states the date it was sent as 25th April 2014, however it is the breakdown for the 2013/2014 year and the scheduled payment dates have been and gone. I double checked this online, however when clicking the link to see my scheduled payment dates for 2014/2015, it shows me these past dates again. As well as this, the money I am being paid is the same as my first year finance according to this letter.

I just wanted to check if there was any cause for concern and will my payments be unaffected by this? I didn't know if student finance send out your previous year's breakdown a second time at all. Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Becky,

Normally when a previous years notification is issued again this indicates that your entitlement for that year has been reassessed by student finance England.

I would advise to call us on 0300 100 0607 and speak to an adviser who can confirm the entitlement figures. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.