Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm interested in going on something that'll show i'm interested in dentistry but I haven't really found many univeristies or organisations that run courses that give you a bit of extra help/experience above and beyong work experience.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Good question.
    I am a 4th year Dental student. I enrolled on a cake decorating course, which was an adult NVQ qualification in order to prove my manual dexterity.

It defiantly looked good on the PS and the interviewers always picked up on it. I would recommend something like this if you have the time, perhaps a sewing course or mechanics or electronics course would also be good.

If you would like a PDF pack which includes a sample PS and tips etc, send me your email or input it here and I can send it over.

https://dentalinterviewprep.com/help_pack/

ReputationRep:
    Check our futurelearn's discover dentistry course. It's online and free.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield uni did a dentistry Mook I think they're called and my daughter referred to that in her PS. It got picked up on in her interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.