Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stick thin. My arms are like twigs and i look like a lamppost from a side on view, but my thighs are a little juicy at least. It's come to a point where i would find it embarrassing to step outside the house with just a tshirt. This is one of the reasons why i always where a jacket, even in the summer and why i lack a lot of confidence.

I know the obvious thing would be to increase my calorie intake and hit the gym, but i can't indulge in food for reasons i don't want to go into here and not interested in going to the gym. I have dumbbells at home so i guess that could make my arms bigger. What can i do to drastically gain weight? Any foods i should look for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the circumference of my penis is similar to that of my wrist. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having same problem dude, have been spending a lot of money on food, but not seen an improvement. I think, I may go for nutritional-shakes, which give 600-1000 calories for each intake. But not sure of the effects this would have on body in long term.

I thinks it's to do with your age, your metabolism is at it's highest when you are in your teens. It will slow down drastically in your 20's/30's and that is when you will put the belly on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straw-man666)
    I'm stick thin. My arms are like twigs and i look like a lamppost from a side on view, but my thighs are a little juicy at least. It's come to a point where i would find it embarrassing to step outside the house with just a tshirt. This is one of the reasons why i always where a jacket, even in the summer and why i lack a lot of confidence.

I know the obvious thing would be to increase my calorie intake and hit the gym, but i can't indulge in food for reasons i don't want to go into here and not interested in going to the gym. I have dumbbells at home so i guess that could make my arms bigger. What can i do to drastically gain weight? Any foods i should look for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe you don't have to buy more food, but instead ensure that you're eating proper meals which carry around 500 calories

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't be embarrassed about anything.

and for gaining weight, well I wanted to gain weight 2 years ago and started going to the gym everyday.
    Having a full and high in cab and protein breakfast to keep me fueled.
    after workouts, I used to have either a banana or a protein shake( though you can make your own shakes but putting some oats , fruits, nuts, cream, etc in the blender )
    for lunch I would have something simple like rice and stir fry or couscous and stir fry / pasta / quinoa / a sandwich
    then I would have a mid afternoon shake or snack ( and by snack I don't mean chocolate bars, crisps and sweets - something like avocado salad/ a small sandwich , etc )
    and for dinner I would have something high in protein but low in carbs (you want to gain healthy weight not get fat remember )
    Another Important thing : the key to gain lean mass by exercise is to do compound movements and have variation in your weekly workout routine if you're serious .

SO over the course of a year I managed to gain about 14 kg - but currently trying to cut back as i let my self go during my exams and became a bit fat.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.