Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you help me solve this problem please?

A cube measured 4.40 cm on all sides; calculate the correct number of significant figures, the volume of the cube in cm3 & m3

Ummm... If possible, can it have a solution please?

P.S. This is not a homework. I have a quiz tomorrow and I don't know how to solve a problem like this.

THANK YOU!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy_n)
    Can you help me solve this problem please?

A cube measured 4.40 cm on all sides; calculate the correct number of significant figures, the volume of the cube in cm3 & m3

Ummm... If possible, can it have a solution please?

P.S. This is not a homework. I have a quiz tomorrow and I don't know how to solve a problem like this.

THANK YOU!

Talk me through what you do and when you get stuck and I'll help you from there

ReputationRep:
    The Q is in 3 sig. fig., so you should answer in 3sf.

The volume of a cube is l x d x h = 4.40 cubed = (I'm sure you've got a calculator).

Since the 4.40 is cm, the volume will be cm3

There are 1000 cm3 in 1 dm3 and 1000 dm3 in 1 m3.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.