Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I really would appreciate some help here. I completed my Standard 12 exams in India CBSE board. Results as follows:
    English: 95(A1)
    Maths: 64(B2)
    Physics: 76(A2)
    Chemistry: 62(C2)
    Biology: 84(B1)

I got my results in May and by then it's too late to apply for Medicine. Also I still needed to write the UKCAT. I just wanted to know if I even have a chance at getting into medical school. I am very confident that I will do well for my UKCAT. I would appreciate some honest advice on how I should go about applying and which universities I should try out for. I can write a good personal statement. I wrote my O levels in Singapore then went to India to complete my high school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ponseeta)
    Hello everyone

I really would appreciate some help here. I completed my Standard 12 exams in India CBSE board. Results as follows:
    English: 95(A1)
    Maths: 64(B2)
    Physics: 76(A2)
    Chemistry: 62(C2)
    Biology: 84(B1)

I got my results in May and by then it's too late to apply for Medicine. Also I still needed to write the UKCAT. I just wanted to know if I even have a chance at getting into medical school. I am very confident that I will do well for my UKCAT. I would appreciate some honest advice on how I should go about applying and which universities I should try out for. I can write a good personal statement. I wrote my O levels in Singapore then went to India to complete my high school.
    You will need to look at university websites/write to universities directly to find out whether your qualifications are even acceptable for admission to university in the UK. There is no guarantee that they are. If they are not, you may need to do A-levels before applying as the most likely route of entry (I think certain foundation years exist for the sake of international students whose education is deemed to not be long enough for admission to university in the UK, but I have absolutely no idea what kind of chances you would have at getting into a med school after doing one of them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You will need to look at university websites/write to universities directly to find out whether your qualifications are even acceptable for admission to university in the UK. There is no guarantee that they are. If they are not, you may need to do A-levels before applying as the most likely route of entry (I think certain foundation years exist for the sake of international students whose education is deemed to not be long enough for admission to university in the UK, but I have absolutely no idea what kind of chances you would have at getting into a med school after doing one of them).
    Thank you for the reply my qualifications are actually accepted by most unis. It's just that my overall percentage adds up to 76.2% and most of the universities are looking for 85% min. I was just asking if I'm wasting my time trying for medicine. Will a good ukcat score boost my chances?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.