Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Overcoming Childhood/Teenage Bullying and Isolation Watch

I am 21 and get so anxious around people, like someone will come to attack me and call me names, even though I know that it is unlikely as I have more power now.

I haven't had a true friendship or a relationship in like 5 years and I feel so depressed. My life is relatively ****ed up and my dreams have been shattered.

What do I do guys?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    How is your life going apart from your social life? Are you at uni, or in work?

(Original post by Champagning)
    How is your life going apart from your social life? Are you at uni, or in work?
    Not so well

I am planning to go to university but I am concerned about the fees and whether it is a worthwhile investment. Haven't performed well at A level due to extenuating circumstances, so my choices for university are much more restricted.

ReputationRep:
    I'm younger than you (slightly) and have the exact same problems... yet I don't complain about it because I always find things to do other than talking to people. Like surfing the internet, playing video games, riding a bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not so well

I am planning to go to university but I am concerned about the fees and whether it is a worthwhile investment. Haven't performed well at A level due to extenuating circumstances, so my choices for university are much more restricted.
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that You should be able to put extenuating circumstances on your UCAS form as well, though (IIRC, you can mention them in your Personal Statement and also ask your referee to mention them).

Do you know what you want to work as/do with your career? Uni may be a worthwhile investment, it depends

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.