Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm around 5"8 and I was just wondering what a good sport for me to do at a good level would be. Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ijoell)
    Hi, I'm around 5"8 and I was just wondering what a good sport for me to do at a good level would be. Thanks
    How is 5"8 short? I'm a girl, I'm 5"8 and I play basketball!

Edit: Hiking, canoeing, kayaking, netball, hockey? You can do pretty much any sport!! :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Chess?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Chess?
    How is chess it exercises your brain?!

Eugh, touché.... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Caving.

ReputationRep:
    you can do most sports? I mean basketball would be obviously hard.. but you still can play football, rugby etc

ReputationRep:
    Hockey.

ReputationRep:
    basketball

ReputationRep:
    Boxing; I assume height makes literally no difference due to the weight categories

ReputationRep:
    Bodybuilding. If you build up your leg muscles (quads and hamstrings) enough, they will get so big that the skin cannot hold all that muscle, which should help you put on an inch or two of height. This is all done outside the bone.

U aware?

ReputationRep:
    Recreational sports? Anything you like mate. You'll never be a world-class rower or volleyball player, but that's not your goal is it?
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I shoot (archery) and I'm only 5ft3 lol. It's all about the upper back strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I shoot (archery) and I'm only 5ft3 lol. It's all about the upper back strength.
    Two questions:

(1) Have you been doing archery for a long time? If so have you noticed any developmental imbalances between your right and left side in your arms, shoulders and or upper back?
    (2) How many (dead hang) pull-ups can you do?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Martial arts are generally very good for small people. Try Jiu Jitsu or Judo.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Two questions:

(1) Have you been doing archery for a long time? If so have you noticed any developmental imbalances between your right and left side in your arms, shoulders and or upper back?
    (2) How many (dead hang) pull-ups can you do?
    (1) 4 years on and off. And my right side is definitely stronger but not by much I would reckon. I'm a bit out of practice as last year was more dissertation focused than sports focused. When I'm at my peak I'm pulling 32lb, but going back to that after time off is hell.
    (2) lol. I can barely do a (girly) push up never mind a pull up.

ReputationRep:
    Weightlifting.

Do it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.