Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!

I'm new to the Student Room (because of my lack of inspiration for revision) so ended up here on a quest for some people to help out!

Basically, I've just finished my AS levels and I'm about to break up for summer. I've struggled with revision this year because of the sheer jump from GCSE expectations to A-Level expectations. So this summer, I plan to read up in preparation for A2 in September.

I'm struggling to get motivated to start my primary research, and slightly overwhelmed by the infinite number of resources/reading materials available.

My coursework question for A2 History is this -

'No ruler of Russia effectively dealt with political opposition between 1855-1956.'

^ I REALLY need reliable sources and reading material which covers this question. Obviously I have a few in mind but need help!

(Include any links, suggestions of textbooks, your own interpretations/opinion - ANYTHING!!!)

Sorry the question is long-winded, first time post and everything.

Ditsy Dreamer

ReputationRep:
    I do not teach this exam board, but interestingly you state that you need reliable sources- is source analysis included in the mark scheme? If so, having UNreliable sources that you can analyse to help your argument could be very effective!

I'm a history teacher by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBabyCat)
    I do not teach this exam board, but interestingly you state that you need reliable sources- is source analysis included in the mark scheme? If so, having UNreliable sources that you can analyse to help your argument could be very effective!

I'm a history teacher by the way!

Hi!

What I mean by reliable sources are quotes/extracted information provided by historians who specifically focus on the Russian Revolution and the years 1855-1956.

I think the mark scheme talks about having the ability to formulate an argument on which leader best dealt with political opposition. So basically I'm after information which gives me more in depth knowledge of Russia's political situation/ the different leaders policies at the time of the Revolution.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Moving this to the history section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing better than a textbook for both knowledge and historiography- i would recommend either

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Communist-Ru.../dp/0719574889 or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tsarism-Comm.../dp/1444124234

(Your school library should probably stock at least one of these two)

The key thing for you to do really is to formulate a clear definition of 'Political opposition'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy Dreamer)
    Hi!

What I mean by reliable sources are quotes/extracted information provided by historians who specifically focus on the Russian Revolution and the years 1855-1956.

I think the mark scheme talks about having the ability to formulate an argument on which leader best dealt with political opposition. So basically I'm after information which gives me more in depth knowledge of Russia's political situation/ the different leaders policies at the time of the Revolution.

Thanks
    hey, if you're still looking for inspiration there are some good Russian history essays people have uploaded onto TSR here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lear...%5B%5D=history

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.