_-_Ella_-_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to do Law and I am moving into year 11 this September.
I am thinking of doing the following for A Level:
English Literature
History
Maths and one other
For my one other I might take psychology or economics.
And then for work experience so far I have had 1 week w.e in politics and I am doing another placement this summer for 1 week. After my exams in July I am hoping to get work experience in a law office or a court. What do you think of my choices and also I would like to know when was your last GCSE exam (so I can estimate when mine will finish) for example did you have any in July or was your last one 14th June?
Many thanks.
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Those choices look fine to me. I'd say economics over psychology, because if your future clients are companies if might help you to understand their needs better.

The most important thing though, is for you to do the subjects you'll get the best grades in. Your grades will determine what uni you get into, and that in turn will influence how easily you get a training contract and qualify as a lawyer. Aim for A grades in everything.

Good luck!
¡Muy bien!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think both psychology and economics are good for law. But it also depends on what kind of law you are interested in (criminal law, commercial law...) For criminal law, pscychology may be better while for commercial law economics may be better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (153)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.75%
Look for a job (14)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.25%
Take a year out (68)
17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.25%

Watched Threads