Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

To give you a brief overview anyway, my name is Ray and I'm currently waiting to start my second year at college. If I get in, I will be attending Lancaster in 2015 and I'm going to be studying either Natural Sciences or Chemistry.

I just have a few question which I cant seem to find the answers for and I believe that hearing from currents students would be helpful.

I would like an insight on the 8 colleges of lancaster, and I would like to know which ones you would recommend for me.

And any students that are applying for 2015 entry, comment if your having similar issues.

Thanks a bunch,

Ray

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ray!

First of all, I applaud you for choosing Lancaster. I only spent two months there last year before dropping out. I'm going back in two months and I couldn't be more excited. I'm annoying everyone here by counting down the days and rubbing it in everyone's face, haha.

Each college is different, in terms of atmosphere, accommodation, location, bars, etc.
    This link provides you with further links to each of the colleges' websites:
    http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/tea...egiate-system/

I can't really vouch for all of them since I lived in Bowland College so I hope at least someone from every college can offer some insight!
    Personally, I chose my college because of location more than anything else. It's situated at the heart of the campus and the Law department was literally down the corridor from my bedroom! No joke.
    Bowland in general is a lovely college. The other colleges have newer accommodation but now we can say we have the newest because Bowland Tower was refurbished this year and the view is just breathtaking from there! Some people mock our bar because it's not as glamorous as the ones from the other college but the pies are good and the entertainment is fabulous. It's very cosy and casual compared to the other ones.

I'm not sure where your department buildings would be but you can just find the map on the Lancaster site and see which college is closest to it! Though I wouldn't pin down distance/location as the deciding factor.

Here are the summaries from the Lancaster site:

Bowland was the University
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.