The Student Room Group

Tell me about your piercings! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlomc
What are you considering? :smile:

I'm thinking of getting another piercing on the ear, just debating on where abouts on the ear :redface: :smile:
I was gonna get a nose piercing the last time I got my ears pierced but stopped myself for some reason aha :redface: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Piercings:

Earlobes (Pain - 3/10)
Second earlobes (Pain - 2/10)
Top of ear (Pain 5/10)
Nose (Pain - 5/10 the first time, 6/10 the second)
Septum (Pain - 3/10 the first, 7/10 the second)

My favourite is definitely my septum! It's very striking. Plus I can wear two hoops in my nose (nose/septum) which looks really cool! Only annoying thing is if you have colds at first it gets infected quite easily (hence getting it done twice)

My next piercing is going to be my rook, on the opposite ear to my top of ear piercing. I want a lil' hoop. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by ohhello92x
I'm thinking of getting another piercing on the ear, just debating on where abouts on the ear :redface: :smile:
I was gonna get a nose piercing the last time I got my ears pierced but stopped myself for some reason aha :redface: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh no! Nose piercings are awesome! Maybe you should try go get it again?
Original post by Chlomc
Awh no! Nose piercings are awesome! Maybe you should try go get it again?

Yep :smile:
Yeah I might do :biggrin: they do look pretty cool though :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by mountains
Piercings:

Earlobes (Pain - 3/10)
Second earlobes (Pain - 2/10)
Top of ear (Pain 5/10)
Nose (Pain - 5/10 the first time, 6/10 the second)
Septum (Pain - 3/10 the first, 7/10 the second)

My favourite is definitely my septum! It's very striking. Plus I can wear two hoops in my nose (nose/septum) which looks really cool! Only annoying thing is if you have colds at first it gets infected quite easily (hence getting it done twice)

My next piercing is going to be my rook, on the opposite ear to my top of ear piercing. I want a lil' hoop. :smile:

Septums do look nice :smile: Is there really such thing as a "sweet spot" when you get it pierced though? This is probably the only piercing where I'd let the fear of pain stop me haha.
Original post by Chlomc
Septums do look nice :smile: Is there really such thing as a "sweet spot" when you get it pierced though? This is probably the only piercing where I'd let the fear of pain stop me haha.

I was skeptical about a sweet spot but after getting it pierced I genuinely think it exists! It was hardly painful for me the first time, the second it was though because scar tissue. But even then it only lasted a second and was worth it!

I think nose piercings are way worse because the skin is waaay thicker than that of inside your nose. When you get your septum you don't feel that same "pressure" sensation, it's more of a quick sharp stab! I think it's just the "awkward"ish location that puts a lot of people off (me included at first), but I'm sooo glad I got it done now haha :tongue:
Original post by Chlomc
Oh no no I'm wasn't implying that! I have complete respect for people's personal chooses it would terrify me in the way the the thought of a metal piercing going inside you way seems weird and would be unkown to me. Hence terrified. Didn't mean to offend!

Wasn't aimed at you per se, just seen a number of threads on here descend to name calling and rudeness when this kind of thing comes up, trying to preempt that, more than anything else.
Earlobes ?/10 (i was a baby)
helix 0/10
nose 2/10

And i'm only getting started! Lol piercings are addicting!
None, but part of me is really tempted to get a couple. No idea what though because I don't really think any particular one would look attractive on me. Saw a guy with a small piercing through the skin on the back of his neck last week and thought that looked pretty cool though.
Surprised to see how many have had their nipples done though. A friend of mine had one of his done a few years back and it ripped out in bed. ouch.
And in terms of anything down there, yeah no bloody chance!
I used to have a lip piercing, but then my school made me take it out when I was about 17
Reply 50
Original post by mountains
I was skeptical about a sweet spot but after getting it pierced I genuinely think it exists! It was hardly painful for me the first time, the second it was though because scar tissue. But even then it only lasted a second and was worth it!

I think nose piercings are way worse because the skin is waaay thicker than that of inside your nose. When you get your septum you don't feel that same "pressure" sensation, it's more of a quick sharp stab! I think it's just the "awkward"ish location that puts a lot of people off (me included at first), but I'm sooo glad I got it done now haha :tongue:

Yeah while my nose didn't hurt it made me cringe how it took like two pushes to get the needle through :L Hmm I'll need to see if I can be brave enough to go for it sometime!

Original post by WelshBluebird
None, but part of me is really tempted to get a couple. No idea what though because I don't really think any particular one would look attractive on me. Saw a guy with a small piercing through the skin on the back of his neck last week and thought that looked pretty cool though.
Surprised to see how many have had their nipples done though. A friend of mine had one of his done a few years back and it ripped out in bed. ouch.
And in terms of anything down there, yeah no bloody chance!

Oh yeah they do look cool! Why not try it? :smile:
It's cos pierced nipples are pretty and feel really nice! Oh god that'd be my worse nightmare having them ripped out :L
Well I don't blame you, for guys it seems like it'd be as painful as dying to go through...

Original post by zippity.doodah
I used to have a lip piercing, but then my school made me take it out when I was about 17

Schools do tend to be like bitches with piercings. It's very annoying.
(edited 9 years ago)
Haven't had one yet.
Original post by Chlomc
Schools do tend to be like bitches with piercings. It's very annoying.

I know...it's the same with hair colours (e.g. I once had red streaks) where I was threatened to be expelled on the first day I had them in, just like my lip piercing. what's worse is that they don't harrass girls when they have either one at all; one got away with both pink hair (not just streaks) and a septum piercing...and she made it through the whole school year with them...
I have my earlobes, daith, forward helix, tragus and snug. Only the snug was painful. I really want my nipple done but the pain is putting me off a bit tbh :/
Reply 54
Original post by zippity.doodah
I know...it's the same with hair colours (e.g. I once had red streaks) where I was threatened to be expelled on the first day I had them in, just like my lip piercing. what's worse is that they don't harrass girls when they have either one at all; one got away with both pink hair (not just streaks) and a septum piercing...and she made it through the whole school year with them...

Tbh that's what I hate more then them saying "no piercings or unnatural hair colour". If they're going to do that then fine, they should do it. But every school I've been too (which is a lot) some teachers will allow it and others won't, or they let some people do it but not others. It's annoying. Either let everyone or no one.

I was one of the people who got away with it at my current school actually... I've dyed my hair BLUE and PINK but some guy got done for having ginger on the ends of his hair. Good for me but pretty **** for him.

Original post by Soph.Jade
I really want my nipple done but the pain is putting me off a bit tbh :/

It doesn't hurt as bad as you're thinking I promise you. It's a sharp scratch as the needle goes through that lasts less than a microsecond I swear, then it's all over and you have awesome nipples :smile:
Original post by Chlomc

It doesn't hurt as bad as you're thinking I promise you. It's a sharp scratch as the needle goes through that lasts less than a microsecond I swear, then it's all over and you have awesome nipples :smile:

Thank you for the reassurance :smile: shall definitely be considering it next payday!
I've only ever had my ears pierced and that was when I was 16 and I ended up having to let them close up since one of the butterfly clips got stuck in my ear and got infected :frown:

I've been considering whether or not to get my lip pierced at the side for months but I'm worried about if or not I would suit it, how much it world hurt and does it damage teeth since the hoop would be banging off my bottom teeth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlomc

Oh yeah they do look cool! Why not try it? :smile:
It's cos pierced nipples are pretty and feel really nice! Oh god that'd be my worse nightmare having them ripped out :L
Well I don't blame you, for guys it seems like it'd be as painful as dying to go through...

I guess it comes down to confidence. The same reason I hesitate to get a tattoo. I really like them and think they look good on other people, but I just can't see them being attractive on me. And I guess with something like that they whole being in work stuff puts me off too (like I have no idea if work would be ok with it or not).

Yeah I can't argue against them looking nicce, but the thought of them ripping out (or accidentally ripping a partners one out) :afraid:

Is it really any better for girls haha?
Reply 58
Lobes x2
Tragus
Triple forward helix
Helix

Got so many more planned though, none of them really hurt tho, neither did my tattoo, so I have a pretty good pain tolerance haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by WelshBluebird

Is it really any better for girls haha?

Yeah so much. Literally just the water from a shower after I got it done feels unbelievable :L

Original post by esjae
Got so many more planned though, none of them really hurt tho, neither did my tattoo, so I have a pretty good pain tolerance haha

What've you got planned? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest