Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you were trapped by a woman via pregnancy and deception... Watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you do?

For example you have a girlfriend and she either pokes holes in the condoms or lies about contraception. Resulting in her becoming pregnant. Now you'l be forced to pay child support for the next 18 years.

So what would you do in this situation?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Take her to court for custody of the child, with as little contact as I can get for her, ideally just indirect once a week.

I don't want my kid raised by a mentalist, and it'll teach her a lesson.

ReputationRep:
    she can't trap me if she's dead, just saying
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How would he know? Surely if you're silly enough to do it, you're going to keep it a secret or else you'll suffer the consequences in most cases

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Realistically you ain't doing ****. You could act differently towards her. Brake up. Move abroad.

Other than a punch in the stomach or push down the stairs it's gonna happen so you just have to suck it up.

ReputationRep:
    Would declaring bankruptcy absolve you of your responsibility to pay up?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    she can't trap me if she's dead, just saying
    The Police can though, just saying.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I would remind everyone that the law should include the ability for a man to absolve himself of financial responsibility in exchange for the surrendering of his parental rights at an early point in the pregnancy.

No girl I know would be stupid enough to do that to me, fortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    The Police can though, just saying.
    Not if you leave the country, jussayin.

Take her to court for custody of the child, with as little contact as I can get for her, ideally just indirect once a week.

I'd try to do this as well.

ReputationRep:
    Jokes on her, how much child support is she going to get from a 16 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    What would you do?

For example you have a girlfriend and she either pokes holes in the condoms or lies about contraception. Resulting in her becoming pregnant. Now you'l be forced to pay child support for the next 18 years.

So what would you do in this situation?

(inspired by the other [possibly troll] thread)
    to be fair, condoms or pills aren't 100% effective like people often assume. Lots of people get pregnant even when they're using contraception (and unfortunately, lots of people then go on to have an abortion). So how would the hypothetical boy know she hadn't taken the pill, or that his condoms had been 'sabotaged' unless his girlfriend admitted it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    She'd be lucky to get a child's support.......

ReputationRep:
    That is one of the most evilist things a woman can do to a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    to be fair, condoms or pills aren't 100% effective like people often assume. Lots of people get pregnant even when they're using contraception (and unfortunately, lots of people then go on to have an abortion). So how would the hypothetical boy know she hadn't taken the pill, or that his condoms had been 'sabotaged' unless his girlfriend admitted it?
    Well in my example you've discovered that she lied. And I want to know how everyone would react.

And well you wouldn't know. But there would be 99+% chance that your GF was a liar.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

This.

If the child really is my genetic heir then I'll be dammed if its turning out like her.

I'd refuse to support it until there's been a paternity test paid for by her though.

ReputationRep:
    I guessed i'd be ****ed literally and literally :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    She'd be lucky to get a child's support.......
    Is this supposed to be a threat?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Attachment of Earnings, dormant until you start earning then kicks in when you do, which presumably you will before the age of 34.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Would declaring bankruptcy absolve you of your responsibility to pay up?
    Interesting. I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Because you could just give all your money to family members and declare bankruptcy.

ReputationRep:
    Initially, I would try to obtain evidence of what she did, try to make her admit it whilst we're still on good terms. There have been a few cases like this one, I believe, so I would break up with her and then tell her that I'm suing her for sexual harassment. Hopefully, those two things might make her decide to abort the pregnancy, but probably not if she's psycho enough to do this in the first place. I guess you have to support the child when she has it, financially and emotionally, which would be tough for numerous reasons.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.