Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get kicked out of university soon because I've failed all my exams, and I'm scared to tell my parents. I've got this illness where I always fall asleep and this always happens during lectures and seminars.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm a really quiet person, so it's hard for me to make friends. I literally have no friends, so I won't be getting any help from anyone. I've been applying for a lot of jobs for about 3 years but no luck. I've recently started investing in stock because I feel like this is the only option I've got left and now I'm making about £100 a day, but it's not something I want to do all my life.

Pleaaase someone help me!! My life's so boring What am I meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 160695)
    I'm going to get kicked out of university soon because I've failed all my exams, and I'm scared to tell my parents. I've got this illness where I always fall asleep and this always happens during lectures and seminars.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm a really quiet person, so it's hard for me to make friends. I literally have no friends, so I won't be getting any help from anyone. I've been applying for a lot of jobs for about 3 years but no luck. I've recently started investing in stock because I feel like this is the only option I've got left and now I'm making about £100 a day, but it's not something I want to do all my life.

I would advise you to visit the doctor and recieve a doctor's not to give confirmation that you do have this illness. When they try to kick you out, you appeal it.

If they do let you in, Record your seminars and lectures if teachers will allow you next year, just ask first. Do this every single lecture and seminar and listen to them whenever you can. You'll have to put in a lot of work

If they don't let you in, look into other routes such as apprenticeships, or take a year abroad and then re-apply etc.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 160695)

Hi,

I sent you this as a PM but not had a reply...

Can I check - are you studying at Leeds? You don't mention it specifically, so before I give you a reply personal to Leeds I thought I'd check.

If you've posted it in the wrong section of the forum by mistake, let me know, and I'll ask the moderators to move it for you.

Best wishes

Amanda

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.