The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by accountant-future
Are the locations for this nationwide, or just mainly London?

Nationwide but the schemes vary quite a lot. Economists and Generalists will find that there's a higher proportion of roles which are London based. Houses of Parliament, European and Diplomatic Fast Streamers will almost be guaranteed to be in London (or outside the UK). HR, Digital and Technology, GSS, GORS, Commercial and Finance might find that the London/Out of London spread is a bit wider.
Hi all, I'm applying for the HR Fast stream in round 2.

I've completed the E-tray this afternoon and was wondering how long it took for people to get results?

Also do you ever find out your actual scores from the initial tests?

:smile:
Original post by Ikidyounot.
Hi :smile: Were you successful or unsuccessful?

Successful :smile:
Thanks and congrats! Which stream?

Do you mind telling me your score? Or just generally whether you received strong feedback and an above average score- I'm trying to work out whether it's the usual amber-banding= longer wait and above/below average =shorter wait.

Thanks! HR. I'm really excited to start though it's a while to wait! I'd tell you my scores if I knew but I don't have any information about my performance yet, other than that I passed straight away and am now going through all the pre-appointment checks. Generally speaking, those with scores in the very high and the very low band will find out within about a week that they have been successful/unsuccessful. If you wait longer than a week then you have (probably) gone into the amber band. Then you'll have to wait until they narrow the bands, which happens about once a month as far as I know. Everyone should know the final results by April at the latest.
Ah brilliant! Thanks, as I thought. Well congratulations, you evidently did very well :smile:.

If you have been amber banded then don't lose heart - there will still be lots of people selected from it! And the fact that you haven't been rejected straight away means that whatever your overall score is, you've achieved the minimum qualifying score in every category (2), so after that it's just a case of waiting. Good luck!
Original post by grownupfrog
If you have been amber banded then don't lose heart - there will still be lots of people selected from it! And the fact that you haven't been rejected straight away means that whatever your overall score is, you've achieved the minimum qualifying score in every category (2), so after that it's just a case of waiting. Good luck!

Thank you! Fingers crossed, I don't know yet as my a/c was only a couple of days ago, we shall see.
Reply 2426
Original post by LaurenGN
Hi all, I'm applying for the HR Fast stream in round 2.

I've completed the E-tray this afternoon and was wondering how long it took for people to get results?

Also do you ever find out your actual scores from the initial tests?

:smile:

I applied for the same thing - HR second stream. I finished my e-tray in the afternoon of the 1st of March and found out I'd been successful mid-day on the 2nd of March, so just within 24 hours. I also was invited to an assessment centre at the same time for the 20th of March, so seems like I've been moved in to the first stream as I got through everything before they finished the assessment centres for the first stream, so you never know! Good luck!
Reply 2427
Sift has taken place for Government coms service - unsuccessful (expected) only appeal was the ability to work in Edinburgh and seemed pretty interesting.

Annnyway, the big one - FSAC is this Friday for me, anyone else there? Anything people wish they'd known before that they'd like to share?
Reply 2428
Has anyone that attended the assessment centre on Wednesday 4th March heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nat1_3
Has anyone that attended the assessment centre on Wednesday 4th March heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet...hopefully they will start telling people by Wednesday!
Reply 2430
Hi all,

Congratulations/commiserations respectively!

Anxiously awaiting FSAC on Thursday. A question - for the policy exercise, is the "file of papers" on the computer and if so, is it searchable as per (hopefully!!) standard practise?

Cheers!
Reply 2431
Original post by FWBath
Hi all,

Anxiously awaiting FSAC on Thursday. A question - for the policy exercise, is the "file of papers" on the computer and if so, is it searchable as per (hopefully!!) standard practise?

Cheers!

Is yours on the 12th Bath? just double checking I haven't misread mine - which is on 13th,
Reply 2432
Yes, the 12th, Thursday. I saw someone else was on Friday as well, and an acquaintance has his on Thursday as well, so don't worry!
Reply 2433
Original post by FWBath
Hi all,

Cheers!

The information you need for the tasks is printed. If you need that to be different for health grounds for example you'd need to contact them about adjustments to see if it's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2434
Original post by Nat1_3
The information you need for the tasks is printed. If you need that to be different for health grounds for example you'd need to contact them about adjustments to see if it's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

How tremendously old fashioned....

Not read things on paper in a while, but I have no health grounds, unfortunately. Strange to test you skills in finding words on a piece of paper when we have Adobe Acrobat to do that nowadays. Ah well. I'll get practising.
Original post by Mp2b
I applied for the same thing - HR second stream. I finished my e-tray in the afternoon of the 1st of March and found out I'd been successful mid-day on the 2nd of March, so just within 24 hours. I also was invited to an assessment centre at the same time for the 20th of March, so seems like I've been moved in to the first stream as I got through everything before they finished the assessment centres for the first stream, so you never know! Good luck!

Thank you for getting back to me and that's great that you're in the earlier one! I found out this morning that I've been invited to the one on 31st March, so not sure if that falls into the earlier or later stream :smile:
Anyone on Northern Ireland scheme application heard anything back?
Reply 2437
Original post by LaurenGN
Thank you for getting back to me and that's great that you're in the earlier one! I found out this morning that I've been invited to the one on 31st March, so not sure if that falls into the earlier or later stream :smile:

I know in the chart they produced about the 'timeline of applications' or whatever it was called it said assessment centres for the second stream would be in July, so assume they've done the same thing to you as they've done with me! I suppose you never really know with these things as they weren't very clear about whether they viewed the applications separately, but seems they've just used the previous stream pass scores for us as well! Good luck for you FSAC :smile:
Original post by ryan_ni
Anyone on Northern Ireland scheme application heard anything back?

Had my assessment day in on Feb 19th - have heard nothing so far... just "Awaiting Results".

I know there are comparatively very few positions for the NI scheme due to cuts, so I suppose they might be waiting until they get all the marks in from all the applicants so they know who they want.

All speculation of course :wink:- good luck!
My suspicion is that the NI Fast Stream will be defunct from next year. In which case, as per usual NICS double think, they may list everyone over a certain pass mark, only to let them rot for 5 years + waiting for a post. That way they save face without actually giving anyone a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending