The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pippit
Hi guys-

For those who attended the FSAC on 30.03, has your scheme progress status changed from 'Awaiting Event' to 'Awaiting Results' yet?
Mine still says awaiting event which is why I'm rather worried, but thought I would post here before double-checking with Parity as they seem to be flooded with an awful lot of emails all the time.

Or in general- how long did it take for your scheme progress status to change?

Thanks in advance!

I attended on the 30th and mine hasn't changed either. I think it's supposed to happen within 'a few days' of attendance so I would worry yet. I expect it to change later on today or sometime tomorrow :-)

Good luck!
Original post by LaurenGN
I'm applying for HR and attended the FSAC yesterday (the last one for round 1). I felt the Interview, Leadership and Group exercises went ok (but not amazing) however I had the Policy exercise last and was so tired that I couldn't think straight. In the end I only completed 2 pages for the whole exercise and it wasn't very well structured/didn't include many supporting statistics.

I'm really disappointed as I think that this could have been one of my strongest if I had it earlier in the day and now I don't feel like I have a chance of getting in.

Did anyone else come away feeling like this? If so were you ultimately successful/unsuccessful?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated :smile:

I attended FSAC for HR last Thursday, and thought the Interview went really well. Everything else I thought went 'ok', apart from the group exercise which was awful and I didn't even finish the write up section afterwards. The leadership exercise I felt went ok, and the policy recommendation also went ok but I of course was extremely tired at the end of the day etc. Oh, and I noticed after I had submitted it that there was a spelling mistake in the first line of my recommendation, which was awkward. Needless to say, I thought I had no chance. I then had an offer for HR on Monday morning.

So anyway my point is, don't be disheartened. You may have done a lot better than you think as we naturally tend to focus on the bad points. Good luck :smile:
Original post by pippit
Hi guys-

For those who attended the FSAC on 30.03, has your scheme progress status changed from 'Awaiting Event' to 'Awaiting Results' yet?
Mine still says awaiting event which is why I'm rather worried, but thought I would post here before double-checking with Parity as they seem to be flooded with an awful lot of emails all the time.

Or in general- how long did it take for your scheme progress status to change?

Thanks in advance!

I attended on 30.03 and mine also hasn't changed yet :smile:
Original post by rlouise12
Did they email you to say it was available?

ps. I'm DaT too!

They didn't give me any notification. I checked yesterday morning and it wasn't there, and then I checked yesterday afternoon on the off-chance, and it was there! Did you go to the FSAC on 5th Feb too? :smile:

Original post by Shera123
I didn't realise they were sending out the FSAC reports so soon! I had mine the day after yours, also for DaT so I wonder if this means I'll get my report today... Where did you access yours if you don't mind me asking?

Fingers crossed for you that you will! If you go to "My Applications" and then click on your application to the DaT stream, it's under "View Results". It's the same page that says if you're successful or not, but a new button appears above the OK button that takes you to the report.
Original post by Lauradmxx
I attended FSAC for HR last Thursday, and thought the Interview went really well. Everything else I thought went 'ok', apart from the group exercise which was awful and I didn't even finish the write up section afterwards. The leadership exercise I felt went ok, and the policy recommendation also went ok but I of course was extremely tired at the end of the day etc. Oh, and I noticed after I had submitted it that there was a spelling mistake in the first line of my recommendation, which was awkward. Needless to say, I thought I had no chance. I then had an offer for HR on Monday morning.

So anyway my point is, don't be disheartened. You may have done a lot better than you think as we naturally tend to focus on the bad points. Good luck :smile:

Thank you for getting back to me, that has made me feel better, I guess I need to just wait and see :smile:

Also congratulations on getting through! :smile:
Original post by jealsrealdeal
They didn't give me any notification. I checked yesterday morning and it wasn't there, and then I checked yesterday afternoon on the off-chance, and it was there! Did you go to the FSAC on 5th Feb too? :smile:

Fingers crossed for you that you will! If you go to "My Applications" and then click on your application to the DaT stream, it's under "View Results". It's the same page that says if you're successful or not, but a new button appears above the OK button that takes you to the report.

Great! Thanks for this, I'll keep an eye on it today as they're off as of tomorrow for Easter so won't hear anything otherwise until Tuesday! Was your report fairly helpful? What date is ur FSB?
Reply 2746
Original post by ms123123
Hello, I applied for the Government Communication Fast Stream and had my AC back in February,
I still have not heard back.
I was just wondering if anyone else applied for this stream and are in the same position as me or have heard back - I've had a look back through this message board and nobody seems to be talking about this stream haha so was just looking for some information really.
Am i likely to hear back on the 13th April too?

Thank you

I applied for Communications and attended the FSAC on the 4th Feb.
Found out 2 days ago that I'd passed but don't have my score yet.

Good luck!
Thank you for your replies! :smile: Good luck to all too! Excuse me while I go crazy refreshing the page...
Original post by pippit
Thank you for your replies! :smile: Good luck to all too! Excuse me while I go crazy refreshing the page...

Haha me too! Literally have it open on all my devices :'D
Original post by LaurenGN
Haha me too! Literally have it open on all my devices :'D

Isn't this Easter weekend awkwardly frustrating? (As in, pre-longing the waiting time) :eek:
Oooohhh my status just changed to 'Awaiting Results'.... If I got a very high or very low score should I be informed of either success/failure very soon? Or, if you automatically pass or fail are you told immediately in which case I am amber banded?

Thanks
Reply 2751
Original post by thursdayJ
Oooohhh my status just changed to 'Awaiting Results'.... If I got a very high or very low score should I be informed of either success/failure very soon? Or, if you automatically pass or fail are you told immediately in which case I am amber banded?

Thanks

Yes, and yes and yes.
Original post by Lauws
Yes, and yes and yes.

Thank you, well at least I am still in the running then! Others who were at the FCAS on the 30th, have you been successful?
For anyone who hasn't picked up on the message on the portal homepage:

"The Fast Stream Team office is closed from 18:00 on Thursday 2nd April 2015 until 08:00 on Tuesday 7th April 2015. Please leave us a message during the times that the office is closed so that we can assist you on our return. Happy Easter from the Fast Stream Team."

Unfortunately I imagine that means no more results for a few days during that time. I would really like to know what my scores were for each competency!
Hey, I attended the FASC on the 27th and have just found out that I am successful for HR. V happy :smile: - Don't know what my mark is yet though
Original post by MayR2015
Hey, I attended the FASC on the 27th and have just found out that I am successful for HR. V happy :smile: - Don't know what my mark is yet though

I am also successful for HR from last week so it's nice to find others, congrats :smile:!
Original post by jealsrealdeal
Hi! I also attended on 5th Feb and got my FSAC report through yesterday afternoon. :smile:

Okay, thanks for letting me know! I'm still waiting unfortunately but hopefully I'll get mine next week :smile:
Still in the running for CD here, desperate to know one way or the other, dream job,
Reply 2758
Original post by Jambo04
Still in the running for CD here, desperate to know one way or the other, dream job,

me too, but has anyone actually been unsuccessful for CD yet? that's my concern........
Original post by thursdayJ
Thank you, well at least I am still in the running then! Others who were at the FCAS on the 30th, have you been successful?

I'm from the 30th and mine still says 'Awaiting Event', perhaps they are in the process of putting the results in. Did you get a message notification when yours changed or did you just keep refreshing? :smile:

Quick Reply