The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex787
I haven't heard back regarding the commercial fast stream yet and it's been almost 3 weeks!

You are the first person I've seen talking about the commercial fast stream on here. I take it you've had your FSAC? Were there many people there? Did they give any indication of start date/where you would be working if you were successful?

I'm flying back from Hong Kong for mine and so would like to be fully prepared and in the know; but there's been no talk of it on here it seems, and with it being a new scheme there is nothing from previous years.

Any tips would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!
Original post by WanChai
You are the first person I've seen talking about the commercial fast stream on here. I take it you've had your FSAC? Were there many people there? Did they give any indication of start date/where you would be working if you were successful?

I'm flying back from Hong Kong for mine and so would like to be fully prepared and in the know; but there's been no talk of it on here it seems, and with it being a new scheme there is nothing from previous years.

Any tips would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

I had my FSAC about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I think there were just under 20 people, and from what I saw, very few people applied for the commercial apprenticeship. It's a new course and most people on the day applied for Business Administration. I was the only one on the day to put the commercial as my 1st preference.

However, I do know that if I am successful, I will be working in early September this year, but I do not have a specific date for this.

I can't give much away, but I'd keep calm about it, try to relate to the interviewers, come across as personable and motivated and this should help you on this.
Thanks very much, and good luck!
Can any successful (economist) fast streamers confirm if any stage of the enrolment process involves a drugs test? :colondollar:
I have my etray assessments tomorrow. I'm deaf so I've been invited to an invigilated assessment in London. I've done the practice tests on the website and they were manageable. Has any one got any tips regarding the WRITTEN exercise?
Had my statisticians' AC recently - half the people on the list didn't show up (I assume they accepted other offers in the meantime and didn't bother to withdraw), and most of those that did were internal candidates (i.e. non-fast stream civil servants). That was quite unexpected for me...
For the finance fast stream you require a 2:1 to be accepted. I've passed all of the checks but I really don't think I'm going to get a 2:1 for many reasons now. What are my options? Will I just be dropped from the scheme and have to find a different job?
Original post by lifeisred
For the finance fast stream you require a 2:1 to be accepted. I've passed all of the checks but I really don't think I'm going to get a 2:1 for many reasons now. What are my options? Will I just be dropped from the scheme and have to find a different job?

Phone Parity and explain the situation (if there are mitigating etc.) See what leeway they have
Original post by Aeschylus
Phone Parity and explain the situation (if there are mitigating etc.) See what leeway they have

Ah good suggestion. I might do that when I receive my results (since that'll be next week). There's definitely mitigating circumstances. Thanks for your help!
Original post by lifeisred
Ah good suggestion. I might do that when I receive my results (since that'll be next week). There's definitely mitigating circumstances. Thanks for your help!

I would phone before and 'lay the groundwork' as it were. Just scout out what wiggle room they have.
Anyone else received an email about Internal Audit, Finance and Commercial schemes after failing FSAC? Have noted interest in Commercial only, wasn't my first choice but would be daft to turn it down I think.
Reply 3211
Yeah I got one too. I don't know if everyone who made it to the fast stream but not onto a scheme was sent the email. Also, have you received any acknowledgement from your email, as I haven't had anything back yet?
I think it will be those who achieved a certain score? Places are limited and based on FSAC score so wouldn't be worth emailing everyone who failed as that'd be loads. Didn't get a reply to my first email but I emailed the contact for the Commercial scheme with a question and she got back to me
Reply 3213
Yeah that sounds about right. I guess hopefully we'll hear soon if it closes on the 12th June. I'm not too sure my score was good enough if a fair few people apply though
Did you say you were interested in all 3 schemes? That would increase your chances
Reply 3215
I did yes, although I'm not sure about the Internal Audit Scheme.
Took my e-Tray yesterday - I have passed and now move on (FCAS). Can anyone explain the scoring system to me please? I understand the 1-4 part but does anyone know what overall score I need? I'm in for the HR stream.
Original post by wightwight
Took my e-Tray yesterday - I have passed and now move on (FCAS). Can anyone explain the scoring system to me please? I understand the 1-4 part but does anyone know what overall score I need? I'm in for the HR stream.

The pass mark will be somewhere in the high 15s/low 16s for HR, with a mark of at least 2 in each category. Don't worry about it though, since there's no way of predicting what the examiners will see in you on the day. Just go and do your best at all the activities, then see what happens. The FSAC guide (available via the application portal in the downloads/forms section) will explain all the aspects of the day, and the qualities that they're looking for. Good luck!
Original post by grownupfrog
The pass mark will be somewhere in the high 15s/low 16s for HR, with a mark of at least 2 in each category. Don't worry about it though, since there's no way of predicting what the examiners will see in you on the day. Just go and do your best at all the activities, then see what happens. The FSAC guide (available via the application portal in the downloads/forms section) will explain all the aspects of the day, and the qualities that they're looking for. Good luck!

Many thanks - I appear to be very late in the day. Anyone else got FSAC still to go?
Original post by wightwight
Many thanks - I appear to be very late in the day. Anyone else got FSAC still to go?

Yes! But I am applying for the stats fast stream. Have the Stats assessment centre next Friday then my FSAC some time afterwards (date unknown) assuming I actually get through!😓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending