The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robboadam31
Yeah, true. Are they gonna be matching people up from now until December? Or do you think there'll be a cutoff point whereby if you haven't heard back you haven't got anything? I just hate waiting around and getting all hoped up......

I was told in the email I got that they keep your file for a year after your FSAC and therefore it can be any time up until then, mine was in December.

I got an email and forms in the post this morning to start the pre-appointment checks.
Reply 3321
I also got the email with the pre appointment forms this morning, I got a score of 14.74 in the FSAC, but I limited my area to the east and West Midlands :biggrin:
Reply 3322
Original post by A3561
I also got the email with the pre appointment forms this morning, I got a score of 14.74 in the FSAC, but I limited my area to the east and West Midlands :biggrin:

Noice, I also got mine yesterday with a much lower FSAC score lol. I'm kinda wondering whether getting the pre-appointment checks actually means that its more likely you'll get an offer, or if they are just being cautious and sending them to everybody just to make sure that we are all suitable, without having matched us to anything yet.

However, I read through the info letter we got with the first email, and in the pre-appointment checks section it does say that "theywill be in touch with you to begin the paperwork if we are able to match you toa vacancy". So I'm quietly hopeful haha.
Reply 3323
Original post by B2593
Noice, I also got mine yesterday with a much lower FSAC score lol. I'm kinda wondering whether getting the pre-appointment checks actually means that its more likely you'll get an offer, or if they are just being cautious and sending them to everybody just to make sure that we are all suitable, without having matched us to anything yet.

However, I read through the info letter we got with the first email, and in the pre-appointment checks section it does say that "theywill be in touch with you to begin the paperwork if we are able to match you toa vacancy". So I'm quietly hopeful haha.

Im not sure tbh, part of me is worried that you might be right, but if you send them all out, then receive all of the responses its a lot of data to go through with referencing for three years, and the DBS checks for potentially nothing?

Do you have any geographical limitations at all or would u move anywhere? - Sorry just realised you said you limited it to London xD

Im hopeful, did some agency work in the civil service during uni, and now really want to find my way in! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3324
Original post by A3561
Im not sure tbh, part of me is worried that you might be right, but if you send them all out, then receive all of the responses its a lot of data to go through with referencing for three years, and the DBS checks for potentially nothing?

Do you have any geographical limitations at all or would u move anywhere? - Sorry just realised you said you limited it to London xD

Im hopeful, did some agency work in the civil service during uni, and now really want to find my way in! :biggrin:

Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing, especially with the DBS checks and the sending of the degree certificate, as not only would they be wasting time, but also our money as I'm assuming everyone's gonna pay for recorded delivery.

Indeed. I really like the idea of working in Whitehall, it just seems awesome haha. Have you put any?

Tbf I'm sure we don't have much to worry about anyway, all the evidence seems to indicate that we'll all probably get something. They did seem pretty desperate in the email. I've never heard of an employer using the words 'it is very likely you'll get a place'.
Original post by B2593
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing, especially with the DBS checks and the sending of the degree certificate, as not only would they be wasting time, but also our money as I'm assuming everyone's gonna pay for recorded delivery.

Indeed. I really like the idea of working in Whitehall, it just seems awesome haha. Have you put any?

Tbf I'm sure we don't have much to worry about anyway, all the evidence seems to indicate that we'll all probably get something. They did seem pretty desperate in the email. I've never heard of an employer using the words 'it is very likely you'll get a place'.

With me, there's always a way to get left out lol :wink:
An excerpt from my email:

"The Assignments team will be responsible for assigning you to a Department and they will be in touch with you in due course in this regard."

I'm assuming it's a certainty i'll be offered a place. Just can't see them going through the process if not, for any of us.
Given that it costs them a fair bit of money to do these checks, I doubt they'd make you do them if they weren't planning on offering you something.
Reply 3328
Original post by TritonSails
I think it means you're being offered something--I got the forms too, and then on Friday a phonecall from the Department for Education offering me a job, so I imagine you'll hear back pretty soon.

Hey man,

you probably won't remember, but I was wondering if the phone call you got from the DoE was a private number? I missed a private number call this morning, and was thinking it was probably a department calling
Original post by B2593
Hey man,

you probably won't remember, but I was wondering if the phone call you got from the DoE was a private number? I missed a private number call this morning, and was thinking it was probably a department calling

Could have been them - mine was from a mobile number
Reply 3330
Original post by B2593
Hey man,

Did you find out if it was a department?
Reply 3331
Original post by A3561
Did you find out if it was a department?

Nah, they never called back so I'm assuming it was just a spam PPI call or something. False alarm lol.
Hey thanks for it. It is valuable for those who wants to prepare or preparing for it.
Reply 3333
Original post by miniimmy
Hey all, For those who were successful In the DAS when were your initial assessment centre days? Do you reckon they're going through applicants chronologically? I had mine near the end of June and haven't heard anything.

I haven't heard anything back yet since sending the forms in for direct appointment, but my FSAC was on the 8th of January?
Original post by A3561
I haven't heard anything back yet since sending the forms in for direct appointment, but my FSAC was on the 8th of January?

Oh wow that's a long time waiting - when did they email you with the generic DAS email?
Reply 3335
Oh wow that's a long time waiting - when did they email you with the generic DAS email?

Last Thursday I think :smile:

Yeah tbh i thought I hadn't scored high enough for it because of the wait!

You might be right though, because yours were so recent there might be a delay or something?
Reply 3336
Oh right I got my email on the 13th July about the DAS. Guess we'll have to just sit and wait... I did call for an update just under a week ago and the response was that they are waiting to hear back from departments and those that have received the email are still 'very likely' to get a job out of the scheme. Good luck!

Oh that email, sorry got confused. Yeah I got that one on the 13th and the one with the character forms and stuff last Thursday

Good luck to you too :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
My FSAC was back in December and I got the generic DAS email on 13th July. I then got the email about pre-appointment checks last Thursday along with the paper forms the same day. I completed them and sent them back last Friday and today was informed I've been matched to a position in HMRC and will be hearing from them by August 24th.

Can't see it being anything but a matter of time for us all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3338
Original post by JHart1865
My FSAC was back in December and I got the generic DAS email on 13th July. I then got the email about pre-appointment checks last Thursday along with the paper forms the same day. I completed them and sent them back last Friday and today was informed I've been matched to a position in HMRC and will be hearing from them by August 24th.

Can't see it being anything but a matter of time for us all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I got the same email as you about HMRC today, hopefully it's more than one position or location.
Original post by A3561
Think I got the same email as you about HMRC today, hopefully it's more than one position or location.

Would imagine there are lots of positions and locations, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending