The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Magnum Opus
I finished it about 5pm, then when I woke up the next day I had my results. They weren't there before I went to bed I don't think. So if you've immediately passed you should know by the morning hopefully? :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you! I've got everything crossed.
Original post by Slowbro93
Will stop following this thread. Didn't pass the ORAC. Sad is an understatement as to how I feel right now :sigh:

Oh so sorry to hear that! I hope you get some good feedback so you can improve for next year (and the Treasury scheme you're also applying for) :smile:

I just completed my e-tray. I seemed to whizz through the emails which was surprising and means I'm likely to have not thought them through enough! Found the written part very challenging and I am not sure how well I did there at all!
Reply 962
Original post by Slowbro93
Will stop following this thread. Didn't pass the ORAC. Sad is an understatement as to how I feel right now :sigh:

Omg so sorry to hear that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many people are invited to the assessment centre and how many positions there are at the end for the HR scheme? :smile:
I know it's probably been answered hundreds of times already, but how long does it take to hear back from the online selection tests?
Congrats to everyone that have made it to the next stage of the process, and commiserations to those that have not been successful on this occasion.
Original post by tillytots
I know it's probably been answered hundreds of times already, but how long does it take to hear back from the online selection tests?

For me, its been two months but now it should be within a week or two.
Just found out my FSAC is 21st Jan :smile:
Just got my assessment date for GCS 15th January (Strange time to be updating my application?)
Original post by Livvvyxo
Just found out my FSAC is 21st Jan :smile:

Oh yours is the same as mine :biggrin:
5th of February for me! For the FSAC that is, anyone else? :smile:
Reply 971
Original post by newtonfs
I too passed the E Tray for the NI scheme but still 'Awaiting Invitation' how long was it before you got the date, would like to start getting travel planned if it was early Jan

Great news, congrats. It showed 'Awaiting Invitation' on Monday evening at 6pm. Got invite Tuesday afternoon I think.
Original post by tillytots

Seconded
Reply 973
Original post by Black Cat
Seconded

It depends on your score. The initial successful/unsuccessful marks of all the online tests have now been set so if you're within these boundaries, you'll hear really quickly. If not - there'll be band-narrowing until December.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by udum
It depends on your score. The initial successful/unsuccessful marks of all the online tests have now been set so if you're within these boundaries, you'll hear really quickly. If not - there'll be band-narrowing until December.

Good luck! :smile:

Probably won't make it but worth the try :biggrin:
Passed the etray! Whoopie! That was a mighty quick turnaround.
Awaiting invitation to FSAC now
Original post by Tomato_Soup1992
I don't think I enjoyed the E-tray as much as I hoped I would. I had hoped for the thrilling experience of a lifetime that would open my eyes to the wonders of governmental work, shining light on just what it means to grow beyond our feeble human limitations, but instead I was just sat for about two hours counting the number of justifications they could give for wiping my name from all British records. Let's not go into specifics but, at best, I gave maybe one or two suggestions and even then they seemed to be pushing it a bit. I didn't send a particularly long email. It was just about the length they give you before the page extends. Maybe they'll invite me to interview as a means of providing a comedic break between the important interviews.

The email response section of the etray isn't assessed at this stage and is only marked as one of the many exercises during FSAC, so keep hold of your government dreams my friend.
Reply 977
Congrats those who have passed the etray! I am just planning when I can complete mine, do you get one or two weeks after completing the application form to do it? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Magnum Opus
Oh yours is the same as mine :biggrin:

See you there then :smile: Its only just occurred to me that especially as a new stream there probably won't be that many spaces on it but ah well!
Original post by plum876
Congrats those who have passed the etray! I am just planning when I can complete mine, do you get one or two weeks after completing the application form to do it? Thanks :smile:

2 weeks :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending