The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Unsuccessful :frown: I am not completely surprised, given that I felt my group exercise was a disaster. I am disappointed I could not give a better representation of my skills during the day. Ah well.
Original post by clover1987
Unsuccessful :frown: I am not completely surprised, given that I felt my group exercise was a disaster. I am disappointed I could not give a better representation of my skills during the day. Ah well.

Sorry to hear that. I'm at 'awaiting results' but I'm not expecting much. I feel the same that it could've gone a lot better than it did.

Good luck with future applications.
Original post by Tas321
Sorry to hear that. I'm at 'awaiting results' but I'm not expecting much. I feel the same that it could've gone a lot better than it did.

Good luck with future applications.

Don't be too worried - my group did not even manage to complete all the parts of the group exercise before time ran out!
Original post by rs2210
Don't be too worried - my group did not even manage to complete all the parts of the group exercise before time ran out!

When did you have yours?

My group didn't even really come to an agreement properly. Haha I guess bad group exercises is a trend.
Reply 1424
Original post by Gizmo17
Is anyone still awaiting etray results? I only completed it on the 10th December for the NI stream but I just thought results would be posted pretty quick?! Still nothing 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

fast stream Facebook page final results for etray will be 19th December
Reply 1425
Etray passed 6 weeks ago but still no date for FSAC (Generalist/Diplomatic). Worried! Anyone else the same? Still says 'awaiting event'.
Original post by tea4me
Etray passed 6 weeks ago but still no date for FSAC (Generalist/Diplomatic). Worried! Anyone else the same? Still says 'awaiting event'.

Probably best to check with Parity.
Reply 1427
Attended FSAC on Monday and my status changed to 'awaiting results' today... Not sure if that's a good sign but just wanted to give everyone's a heads up.
Reply 1428
Thanks for replying - have emailed Parity but no reply. Emailed last Friday. Is email the only way to contact them? Do you think there's a problem - it is too long to wait really isn't it?
Hello all,

I attended the FSAC today, I was wondering when we will get the results, anyone know?
Original post by tea4me
Thanks for replying - have emailed Parity but no reply. Emailed last Friday. Is email the only way to contact them? Do you think there's a problem - it is too long to wait really isn't it?

I'm assuming you've checked your messaging inbox. I believe they have a telephone number as well. I remember phoning them last year when I nearly broke my online application.
Original post by dvnt
fast stream Facebook page final results for etray will be 19th December

Thank you... Fingers crossed for some positive news 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1432
Original post by GManTheGMan
I'm assuming you've checked your messaging inbox. I believe they have a telephone number as well. I remember phoning them last year when I nearly broke my online application.

Yes checking all the time. Will look for a phone number. Would you say this was too long to be waiting? it was a definite pass for e tray. Thanks very much for your input.
Original post by MessiMagic
Does anyone have any idea about what happens after the FSAC for the Diplomatic Service- namely the Final Selection Board.

It's a further half day assessment centre with an interview about why you want to work for the FCO, what your attitudes are to travelling and how you like to work etc, and then two role plays with trained actors, which are aiming to get at your management capabilities I think. But as GMan says, closer to the time there will be documents on the website that explain this in greater detail.
Hey, is anyone on the fsac on 14th jan? I'm on it for the HR scheme. Got to fsac last year and was unsuccessful, so hopeful for this year! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can any Social Research streamers from last year shed some light on the process once you have passed FSAC.

Does the allocation process start once you have completed your pre-employment checks, or is contact made before then?

Also, if you are due to graduate in June, will you have to wait until then before anything else happens?
Original post by tea4me
Yes checking all the time. Will look for a phone number. Would you say this was too long to be waiting? it was a definite pass for e tray. Thanks very much for your input.

I don't know anything official about how dates are allocated, or who gets matched with what groups, but if it was me, I'd be chasing.

I did my application relatively late last year, and ended up with an FSAC in February, I believe, so you're certainly not running out of time.
Reply 1437
Thanks have sent another email to a different address so hope I get a response soon from Parity. Be good to get my FSAC date before Xmas. Thanks again for your help.
I'm travelling from Scotland too in January! Have you found any hotels nearby? I'm pretty worried about traveling through london during peak times too!
Reply 1439
Successful at FSAC! Did it on mon got results today, real quick! Now waiting to see which department wants me :smile: Good luck to all those still waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending