Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a two week intensive course - 20 hours this week and 10 hours next week.

I had my first lesson today from 10 till 2 and it was the first time I'd ever driven a car in my life! We started in a quiet car park with basic corner turning, steering wheel technique and stopping.

She then took me on the road and we just kept on turning left in a circuit. It was quite scary since there are quite a few normal road-users as well and we did changing gears, slowing down, moving around parked vehicles.

Anyway, is anyone else doing an intensive course? How much progress are you making? :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about starting one!

Have been learning to drive since I was 17 and am now 22 and still not even taken a test yet :/.
    I've moved around a lot for study and work so just never really had an opportunity.

How much are you paying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ughno)
    I'm thinking about starting one!

Have been learning to drive since I was 17 and am now 22 and still not even taken a test yet :/.
    I've moved around a lot for study and work so just never really had an opportunity.

How much are you paying?
    £600. I haven't a clue if that's cheap or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartingTheParty)
    £600. I haven't a clue if that's cheap or not.
    How's it going?!

I'm thinking about doing an intensive 5 day course in a few months time when i've saved enough money. It's £900 :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.