Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for Midwifery with a degree? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to apply for midwifery, entry 2015, to Cardiff, Glamorgan (maybe University of South Wales now)? and Swansea. Although I don't have the A Level grades they ask for I do have a BA degree in Study of religions at a 2.1.

Has anyone applied who are or was in a similar situation? Or would it be worth contacting each university I plan to apply for and asking whether My application would be considered?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd1571)
    I'm planning to apply for midwifery, entry 2015, to Cardiff, Glamorgan (maybe University of South Wales now)? and Swansea. Although I don't have the A Level grades they ask for I do have a BA degree in Study of religions at a 2.1.

Has anyone applied who are or was in a similar situation? Or would it be worth contacting each university I plan to apply for and asking whether My application would be considered?

Thanks!
    I'd contact them individually but you have got proof that you can study at degree level, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they considered you. Try to get some health care related experience, as your first degree is not in a similar field.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have been accepted to study mental health nursing at Swansea this year starting in September. I too was in the position had a 2.1 degree but did not have the a-level subjects requested so I gave them a ring and they said still apply it also goes on your personal statement and interview so I did and got accepted so its definately worth trying for!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both, I've now contacted each university! I'm hoping to get some experience now but just like everyone else, finding it difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanajade11)
    I have been accepted to study mental health nursing at Swansea this year starting in September. I too was in the position had a 2.1 degree but did not have the a-level subjects requested so I gave them a ring and they said still apply it also goes on your personal statement and interview so I did and got accepted so its definately worth trying for!
    Hi, will you be starting the course from the 1st year?
    I'll also be starting mental health nursing in Swansea come September

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will be starting September to do mental health nursing. there is a facebook page if you wish to join its for adult nurses primarily but theres people on there doing mental health and child as we are all together on first year https://www.facebook.com/groups/352782358213251/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.