Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nervous about taking pictures ??? HELP ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind taking pictures but like putting them up on facebook and twitter isnt something I want to do, I just because others will see and recognize me, but then I know people who can/may edit my pictures or put a silly tag on one of them.

How can I get out of this face and build confidence to actually post pictures of myself, I mean everyone does it.

Even on snapchat I felt somewhat nervous about taking selfies, I know its fun but I cant stop thinking someone else will look or take the p****. How can I get out of this phase ???

I was thinking everyone posts pictures ect thats what technology has brought to us such as instagram and snapchat. I only have one picture of myself on facebook.

What can I do ?

ReputationRep:
    You could grow up and realise that posting hundreds of selfies all over Facebook and Twitter is pathetic, and there is much more to life than taking pictures of yourself. If you don't want to take pictures of yourself and put them on the internet, then don't. You don't have to do what all the other brain-dead morons are doing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't post pictures anywhere, don't use facebook or any of that other nonsense. Just because everyone else is doing it, you shouldn't feel like you have to do it, unless of course you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pectorac)
    You could grow up and realise that posting hundreds of selfies all over Facebook and Twitter is pathetic, and there is much more to life than taking pictures of yourself. If you don't want to take pictures of yourself and put them on the internet, then don't. You don't have to do what all the other brain-dead morons are doing.
    Right on :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, everyone is not doing it. I've never taken a 'selfie' in my life, apart from when I was a young child and living in a better world where the world selfie didn't exist. Life was good back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I don't post pictures anywhere, don't use facebook or any of that other nonsense. Just because everyone else is doing it, you shouldn't feel like you have to do it, unless of course you want to.
    I do want to put I just dont like the fact about other people seeing my picture I know it sounds daft but still, I just find it hard to get over the fact that someone may tamper with it or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    I do want to put I just dont like the fact about other people seeing my picture I know it sounds daft but still, I just find it hard to get over the fact that someone may tamper with it or something.
    I really don't think anyone would tamper with your photos, it's not something people commonly tend to do.

ReputationRep:
    People do it, just to show others what there doing and it can be "fun" for some. What do you mean theres more to life than taking pictures, true life dosent resolve around picture taking, but nowadays nearly everyone has a camera phone. More to life socializing ? Pictures and comments can be a form of socializing.

You do have a point though.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think anyone would tamper with your photos, it's not something people commonly tend to do.
    True, I've seen it happen before to others, not me. I suppose if it does happen just deal with it an an appropriate manner.

ReputationRep:
    We just disagree on everything, don't we? Mainly because you're simply out of touch :rolleyes: Catfishing is real, it happens everyday, the more people put emphasis on someone's looks, the more people get insecure and edit them or just steal photos. If it didn't happen all the time there wouldn't be an on-going series about it, and even still the producers can only investigate so many at a time. It has also happened to me and people I know countless time. I used to be Tumblr gangster now I'm over it. People are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    We just disagree on everything, don't we? Mainly because you're simply out of touch :rolleyes: Catfishing is real, it happens everyday, the more people put emphasis on someone's looks, the more people get insecure and edit them or just steal photos. If it didn't happen all the time there wouldn't be an on-going series about it, and even still the producers can only investigate so many at a time. It has also happened to me and people I know countless time. I used to be Tumblr gangster now I'm over it. People are ridiculous.
    Thats harsh, do you have any of your photos on the internet now ? Fb/instagram ?

ReputationRep:
    Thats harsh, do you have any of your photos on the internet now ? Fb/instagram ?
    Please stay out of it, Stinkum and I never agree.

ReputationRep:
    Please stay out of it, Stinkum and I never agree.
    Lol ok, are you two friends outside TSR ?

ReputationRep:
    You're right, I am out of touch. I don't use any form of social media. But I just can't see this sort of thing happening to a lot of people in real life. I've had to go on google to look up the definition of this term 'catfishing' to find out what it actually means. I'm not a good person to take advice from.

ReputationRep:
    Hey IMBCFC, I reckon you'll be alright posting photos if you want to. As long as you're comfortable with it, then it's fine I think. You can never trust the internet really, some people are always out to cause trouble. So...I dunno really, it's up to you .

ReputationRep:
    So now, everyone who takes photos and puts them up on Facebook and Twitter are now "brain-dead morons"??? Excuse us for sharing our sexy faces to the world.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.