Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it safe to write your personal statement for midwifery and biology? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, from a young age i have always wanted to become a midwife. Since im from scotland only 3 universities offer midwifery. So i have been thinking of a back up option. I love biology too but not as much as i don't really like the experiment side of things. Anyway there are only 2 biology courses that suit my needs, so a total of 5 places is perfect for ucas. Do you think its possible to write a ps on midwifery and biology, or is it a bit risky.

Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it! I'm about to start nursing but have friends who are starting midwifery. Midwifery is so competitive that you need to have relevant experience and a PS tailored to it. If you don't show you're 100% committed you might not get interviews. Go for midwifery; can always apply for biology through extra if you are unsuccessful(hopefully not though!) Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.