Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm going to be a fresher at Warwick next year and I've heard a lot about birds and other animals being all over campus.

I suffer from really bad ornithophobia (fear of birds) and the idea of these geese everywhere terrifies me :confused:

Is this true? Would it affect my social life?!

Thanks,
    Tabitha xx

ReputationRep:
    It's not at all!

One or two ducks are around the lakes towards Gibbet Hill at the far end of the campus but they don't go across the path. There are some over by Lakeside too, but they're only territorial in mating season and again you'd rarely see them. There's also loads of ways to get around, including a shuttle bus, so you could avoid them completely if you wanted.

The stories were exaggerated - you'll be fine.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    As above, so long as you stay clear of Lakeside and the lakes behind Bluebell, Arthur Vick and Jack Martin, you will be absolutely fine . There's the odd one or two straying into library road or over by the maths department, but they move it quickly if they don;t want to be crushed by thousands of stampeding students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.